• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Oopsies. Me being lazy and not reading all the posts. Sorry. :-[

Anyway, that site would make sense, its empty apart from in August, and it is pretty large.

Benzin said:
Should just turn the beach into a massive entrance plaza, with a couple of buildings (GS, shop, restaurants) and a stage for events and what-not...

Would no doubt provide a better opening spectacle to the park than what's there now...
completely agree with this, the park could do with something like this

The arena would make a great place for a dark ride, one side is covered by X and trees anyway, and that site is also quite hidden, its also a very large site so you could fit something in there.

I don't think a dark ride would work on the beach because its the entrance to the park, and building something there would just block the whole park, and probably confuse you even more as you enter the park. But I agree that a nice entrance area would be great there, they could also remove the whole dome and start again, but that would be very expensive, and unless they build some rides in to it, then I can't see them gaining many visitors (that is what Merlin will be bothered about). Also if they do replace the dome they will need a bar, shop, arcade, coffee shop, guest services, toilets, lockers, first aid and what ever else is built in there (offices I guess?). If not they could put some smaller flat rides or childrens rides on the beach area.

Errr, ermm, well. The fact that most of those pictures are taken with the same theming object seems to suggest that there isn't actually much to this area. It's also amusing yet not surprising that it opens in a couple of days and they've still not finished the theming.

:)

Oh my.

And of what relevance is SEB? Well. It's BASIC PR I guess, makes a change from the usual rubbish.

Back to the lowest common denominator. Get some bird with her pins out.

FFS Merlin

TheMan said:
And of what relevance is SEB? Well. It's BASIC PR I guess, makes a change from the usual rubbish.

Fine by me, SEB has some of the best legs around. :D

But from those pics, you wouldn't know it was a top tier park. Looks more like some seaside sh¡thole up north.

DiogoJ42 said:
TheMan said:

Fine by me, SEB has some of the best legs around. :D

I don't disagree with that, I've nothing against SEB (unfortunately :eek:) ).

In fact, just scrap ABL and have SEBs everywhere, it will be markedly improved.

SEB 4D. She makes your seat move, flashes you, and sprays you with water. (Not in contravention, that is what the DM says the 4D cinema does!!)

Well those Dodge 'Ems cars look friggin atrocious. You can still see the indentation where the head lights are, they've just painted over them.

I agree with an earlier post, in that they should've got custom shells.

Apparently there's more vinyls, so here's hoping that the one being driven by SEB isn't the final variant (as the other two are awfully photoshopped)...

Merlin really do like a JIT project don't they? Given that the entrance frames have been built over the past two days or so... Bit ridiculous and risky so you would've thought they'd have learnt...

BoUGX_ZCQAA_yqC.jpg

Thorpe Park Twitter

Oh god! Well I suppose it is better than the current park mascots, security!

:)

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahha

Hahahahha

Hahahahahhahahahahahah

Oh wait this is real?!

Second only to Disney in terms of costume characters as well are you Merlin?

That costume will have no doubt been made with Rovio. I think they ship out similar style costumes to that for their other events! I feel sorry for the poor soul that has to wear that, it looks pretty heavy to have on for a few hours!

Here's where Thorpe got the costume from anyway, Alton Towers get all their stuff from these guys too: http://www.rainbowproductions.co.uk/angry-birds/

I like how the above site says Angry Birds is aimed at ages 5-11, yeahhh, this area in a thrill park will really work for that age range...