• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

You've lost me. Unless I've been living in a cave, Nemmy is still there...?

... Anyway, Thorpe...

With DBGT closed at the moment (no idea why), as well as Stealth which we already knew about, Thorpe have been giving out letters to guests upon arrival this morning, with free return tickets for next year.

Extremely disappointed with this. I understand Stealth, but DBGT is a shocking state of affairs. It was late enough as it was.

The other week, as a MAP holder, they gave me a free ticket as well so technically It would benefit as I could take a friend for free. But a complaint email I sent to them was stressing the point that it's a 2 and half hour drive for me and I've been twice in good faith and am yet to ride it! And the M4 between the M5 interchange at Bristol and the M25 interchange is the most BORING stretch of motorway in the entire country.

I can't believe stealth has been closed over 3 weeks now. As for DBGT the technology and ride clearly isn't ready. I don't think it was really ready when they opened it, but they probably had no choice but to open it.

I complained on park over three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a reply from Thorpe, despite them saying it would be 7 working days, and then 10 working days. I have even tweeted them multiple times!

Quite surprised stealth's still down. Must be serious. Looked like something was going on when I was there a few weeks ago, cranes over the track and some vans near the enterence, but a few days after that I saw nothing going on and wooden barriers over the station track. Hope it's going soon, won't look good on thorpe if it's closed the whole school holidays.

As for ghost train, this is just getting predictable. I know some people joked that they should have opened it as the new ride next year, but maybe that wasn't such a bad idea. Never seen it fully operational, always at least ten headsets down on both of my rides (I suspect more than ten, but lots of them were in bags, which the staff explained were broken), which meant that every train was over batches and people had to wait in the loading room for the next one. At least if it's that bad, thorpe may be more obligated to improve the technology in the future.

In slightly better news - Thorpe will now open throughout September (Closed on 28th for staff training)

Previously there were a number of closed days!

That is positive news, must be a sign of a relatively good season so far and confidence that there is sufficient demand for the previously closed days. The delay to DBGT may have influenced this also with more visits expected in the latter portion of the season now it has opened.

:)

Why. WHY. WWHHHYYYY do the park feel the need to really badly digitally edit and filter their photos in order to hide the utter VILE state of their rides?? Nemesis Inferno was GREEN in parts of the track when I visited a month or so ago, with chunks of the volcano falling off.

Don't filter your photos to try and give it that edgy grungy grime look, JUST CLEAN THE RIDE! You can see it even with a filter!! UCH!

image.jpeg

Totally agree. Really hope Thorpe gets some serious TLC over the closed season.
So many reports on social media of it looking grubby even from the general public and not the fan boys.

Its amazing what a lick of paint can do :)

It is a shame how disgusting both Colossus and Nemesis Inferno look, especially when you compare how they look now to 2002/2003. I'm one of the few fans of Colossus (despite the awful trains) and really hope they do something about it, am I right in saying they seem to be getting more complaints about the trains than usual?

New trains and some paint and it'll improve it already a great deal.

They should invest in some of the new style trains with lapbars like on the clone in italy, it would be much more fun and less headbanging for shorter people!

I avoid riding wherever possible unless it's the only ride in the park with a short queue (LOL I KNOW RIGHT!!), or we have fast pass.

The vibrations it gives off stay in my bones for hours afterwards! I might give it a shot if they had new trains. Might. Might not...

Put me down as one of those folks who like Colossus. I remember riding it for the first time in 2005 (my first looping coaster as well :p) and I loved the ride and also the themeing and immersion around it. Although I agree it's incredibly rough and it needs some TLC badly.

I really don't see the fuss over colossus being rough, saw on the other hand is painful. Maybe bigger guys are not thrown around colossus where as saw we are held in so tight we feel every bit of track.