• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I'm sure I read rumours about the next build either being around The Swarm or right at the back of the park behind where Loggers Leap was. Although there was some doubt onto the second rumour as it backs on to the jet ski lake. There was also some pictures of some land work by The Swarm island. I think I read it on TPM, I will have a look for the link when I get a bit more time.

I imagine there are a few options on the table but if Stealth is up and down next year then I hope they will outdo Stealth for height, rather than go for inversions. I don't care what type of ride it is but of course they will go full Merlin and build a 200ft+ wooden rollercoaster that has 15 inversions with VR.

Is the height restriction 300ft at TP or have I made that up?

Is the height restriction 300ft at TP or have I made that up?

If memory serves they are allowed to build to a Stealth height but it requires permission from the aviation authorities if it's above and the council said they can only have a few coasters above the 200ft mark. That was some time ago though so I'm not sure if it's the case now.

I read somewhere on another forum (I think it was TPM or CF) that the height restriction was under 150FT, but I don't think that's true. I heard as well Stealth was originally going to be much taller than it already is, but was scaled back to 205FT due to Thorpe being close to Heathrow. I also believe the white track is to stop it blending in with the sky despite the rest of the coaster being blue.

Stealth was built to be the landmark coaster back in 2006. But the long/medium plan has changed since then.
I can't see Thorpe getting anything much taller than stealth really in the foreseeable.
I can see Thorpe going for a hyper (200ft) along the back of the park (access road), like mako as their next coaster. After that a woodie aimed at thrill seakers, but not until 2022 or there abouts.

Well yesterday at Thopre was the best, by 3pm the only coasters left working were X and Swarm !
Stealth managed to make it to around 12 before breaking again
Nemmy Inferior never opened at all
:rolleyes:

What does that matter, if nobody else in your market has one? Particularly when there's only one other on the continent. Greats rides mind, bring it on.

That's working under the assumption that literally no one else in Europe builds one between now and whenever Thorpe next open a ride... Given that Vekoma have allowed RMC an entry point into Europe, I cannot see at least a handful springing up once managers have visited Kolmarden (and then had to weigh up if they want a RMC or a big Mack)...

That's working under the assumption that literally no one else in Europe builds one between now and whenever Thorpe next open a ride... Given that Vekoma have allowed RMC an entry point into Europe, I cannot see at least a handful springing up once managers have visited Kolmarden (and then had to weigh up if they want a RMC or a big Mack)...

It's very unlikely anyone riding Thorpe's will have ridden any others on the continent, though.

I know thorpe's reliability is abysmal at best, but five out of seven coasters down? Not suprised stealth only managed a few hours, but what shocks me most is inferno not opening. When nemesis goes down, it will almost always be up by the end of the day.

It closed early last season as well because of frightnights.

It will be 100% cost cutting. I'm a celeb is ran by entertainments and they will have a lot to do with frightnights. Any other company would just hire more staff and keep in a celeb open. But thought would rather save the cash and just use those staff elsewhere.

I'm sure there would be demand during frightnights especially as it's the busiest time of the year.