• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The Merlin Marketing Machine puts out something ludicrous to get people talking about the project...

5517618416d4329c8161589c063e044a--fish-silhouette-silhouette-cameo.jpg

Anybody know if it's going to be full of actors like all the videos show, or is that "just for the videos"?

Full of actors would actually be in line with the Merlin policy of making new investments cost as much as physically possible to run....

Anybody know if it's going to be full of actors like all the videos show, or is that "just for the videos"?

Full of actors would actually be in line with the Merlin policy of making new investments cost as much as physically possible to run....
Parks map confirms no live actors, all the PR was fake unfortunately

Hopefully they have some robot zombies in the tunnels, make it a tad fun the first time you go through, at least.
If they don't have a door painted up "Don't Dead Open Inside" and a flaming Lucille, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Had to laugh on Saturday when I saw a post on Twitter from someone posting a selfie outside saying they were looking forward to finding Negan in the new ride -oops...

The park map states that it doesn't have actors.... Sooooooo I'm not even sure what the point is?

Mean this is a park that has replaced the train scene from DBGT with a strobe maze...

If it really looks anything like the advert, then... well done Thorpe! Looks fantastic!

Oh they are going to get into tons of trouble if there is no real live actors in there, or they should do anyway....

Maybe the zombies will be Disney-style audio animatronics, in that they are so realistic that they look like actors, but aren't actors?

Yeah I said when this was announced that I hoped they put those kinds of thing in, an average punter at Thorpe ain't gonna know the difference between a live actor behind smoked glass and an animatronic one, even after seeing it 50 times.

Might be a bit more expensive initially, but it'll save long term not having to pay an actor to sit in a chair for 3 hours each morning doing nothing, makeup staff, and all the other addons that come with creating zombies.

Animatronics are a lot more expensive than a Samsung TV from Curry’s.

In fact I struggle to think of one real animatronic in any of Merlin’s UK parks. I want to say Tomb Blaster... but that is a stretch. There’s got to be one somewhere, but don’t expect it to be at Thorpe Park this year.

Hahaha yeah it'll probably be a cheap lcd panel on the brake run running a loop of zombies scratching at a window, turned up so bright because they installed it with the lights on and didn't think to test it in the dark, that it's so obvious even a Thorpe chav could tell.

Cynical aren't we?

Wow, I thought I had seen poor operations but today's a joke! Gave up at 12:30 as the only coaster that ran was Stealth, sent 3 trains round and shut (5 min between dispatches too). Every coaster except Flying Fish has "Weather Delay" to opening. It's raining a tiny bit, I've been on all their coasters in much worse. Not even windy or that cold!

Also discovered the "give us your feedback" tablets tell you to get lost if you attempt it before 1pm...

Hope tomorrow is a bit better.