• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I'd expect Sunday to be quieter than Saturday but not for it to be the quietest day of the week as those opening hours would suggest. There really didn't feel like there was a lot of difference between Sat/Sun of the weekend just gone, in fact the queues were worse Sunday morning as some rides opened on 1 train.

So is it a 10pm close this Saturday for regular scum plus MoS going on to 3am or what? They don't seem to be able to make up their minds as to when the place closes for us great unwashed?
No idea but the MoS event is 8pm - 3am, if the actual park is open to anyone til 10pm it’s going to be a disaster!

I reckon the 10pm close on website is an error, never known the park to be open to all til 10pm on MoS in the past

Unless they have a better wristband and security system this year, they usually close the park for 2 hours to clear the riff raff :)

I'd contact them to be certain as it sounds a bit all over the place at the moment.

I can't see how MOS could really work during regular park operation. There'd be thousands of people in the park who are presumably not allowed in the dome. OK there's the gate near Vortex to go round the outside, but that's not too helpful if you've used the ground floor lockers. You'd then need security on whatever entrances to the dome are in use in addition to entrance security as non-MOS guests could still be entering. It all sounds a bit messy.

Only 5 on a Sunday? That seems odd. Most parks have a similar Saturday/Sunday attendance, why have a 5 hours difference?
Sunday is usually way down on Sat. Need to move away from "What should it be?" and work on "This is what it is. Plan accordingly".

In the UK, long hours are the exception and I suspect will forever be so.

Sundays are noticably quieter. Thorpe seem to be adjusting opening hours based on attendance and good weather lately which I think is better. There's no point for them to set later opening times and disappoint people by closing earlier on a quiet, overcast weekend. Better to do it the other way around and meet demand.
Towers on the other hand were still turning away good business. Went on a sunny, hot weekend recently and they had no plans whatsoever to capitalise on the crowd of guests by not staying open later on the busy Sat.

5pm on Sundays and 10pm on Thursdays though?
Sunday the ONLY days in August with 5pm closes?

When the 10pm closes were first revealed I wasn't really paying attention and just assumed they were Fri-Sun, anything else just seems really odd.

Reactions: Tim
The timetable is not set in stone and they have already extended opening times on multiple occasions this season. This weekend for example Sunday has been extended to 6pm as well as Saturday to 10pm. Sundays in August may very well be extended too.

Is someone here able to tweet them and ask how it's going to work this weekend please? I'm just off out and shock horror, my phone won't work where I'm going and I don't do social media. Tia.

They don't, on the phone Thorpe staff say anybody under 18 must leave when the park closes at 6pm, it seems nobody has told them the park is open until 10 duh.

Merlin themselves say anybody without a MoS wristband will have to leave at 10 but it welcome to stay until then and ride the rides, you'll have to exit via the Vortex gate as the Dome is where MoS is.

Left hand, meet right hand.

They don't, on the phone Thorpe staff say anybody under 18 must leave when the park closes at 6pm, it seems nobody has told them the park is open until 10 duh.

Merlin themselves say anybody without a MoS wristband will have to leave at 10 but it welcome to stay until then and ride the rides, you'll have to exit via the Vortex gate as the Dome is where MoS is.

Left hand, meet right hand.
Eventbrite tickets have this on them

Saturday, 26 May 2018 at 18:00 - Sunday, 27 May 2018 at 03:00 (BST)

If they really are doing both MoS and anyone else up until 10pm it’s got potential to be a mess, god help if there’s anyone who’s paid for MoS (seems unlikely since the freebies)

I’d be inclined to believe the Merlin reply tbh

-The park is open 10am-10pm for anyone with a standard day ticket.
-Anyone who wants to go to MOS can buy / freely acquire a ticket. This gives them access to the park and all rides from 6pm if they don't already have an entrance ticket.
-People with an MOS ticket get access to the Dome from 10pm. People without must leave the park through a side gate.

It's not difficult to understand, and not difficult to organise.

Reactions: pj