• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They have a mobile site for queue times, cos I use my own I've forgotten the url, but I think it's something like thorpepark.com/queuetimes or ridetimes, the place will be dead past 3.30 as all the local schools like to be rid of the kids by 4 or 5 which means leaving Thorpe around 3.

They have a mobile site for queuetimes, cos I use my own I've forgotten the url, but I think it's something like thorpepark.com/queuetimes or ridetimes.
Ah right. Thanks @IanSR! Come to think of it, I think that might have been the one that my dad tried to use when we were last at Thorpe Park on Mayday Bank Holiday, but it wouldn't let him because it said that he wasn't at Thorpe Park, despite the fact that we were crossing the bridge!

Yeah that's the site, if that happens again you have to delete the site preferences in the browser, close it and start again, or use a good gps spoofing app.

@Matt N regarding your school trip, I believe I visited on exactly the same day in 2016, would've been Monday 18th July, as part of my final year of sixth form and it was an absolute nightmare! Queues were heaving and the weather was extremely hot as well, managed 3 rides in total and that's the only time I've ever been! Waited 140 minutes for Nemesis Inferno, which is something I never thought I'd do! and that's the only time I've ever been to Thorpe. I was with a bunch of people who didn't know how to plan a theme park though so it's hard to take control like I can when I go with one friend to Alton though. Good luck though!

@Matt N regarding your school trip, I believe I visited on exactly the same day in 2016, would've been Monday 18th July, as part of my final year of sixth form and it was an absolute nightmare! Queues were heaving and the weather was extremely hot as well, managed 3 rides in total and that's the only time I've ever been! Waited 140 minutes for Nemesis Inferno, which is something I never thought I'd do! and that's the only time I've ever been to Thorpe. I was with a bunch of people who didn't know how to plan a theme park though so it's hard to take control like I can when I go with one friend to Alton though. Good luck though!
Coincidentally enough, that is the exact same day I was at Oakwood for our year 8 reward trip! Your day doesn't exactly sound ideal for a summer weekday, but at least they probably didn't have Oakwood's Fastrack policy! Also, I remember Oakwood and the days following it being absolutely sweltering, so that may have played a part. I'm hoping that it isn't quite so busy this year! Thanks for the idea of crowds!

Thorpe could easily have been running rides on 50% fastrack, possibly even higher. Hopefully with the much higher prices this season we won't see that this year

Generally schools ban the kids from taking any large amounts of money so they cannot buy fast track, the only people who do are poor GP who happen to pick that day for their visit. My sons school even said kids were not allowed to take their annual passes if they had one, so that there would be no incidents of passholders lauding it over non-passholders.

Generally schools ban the kids from taking any large amounts of money so they cannot buy fast track, the only people who do are poor GP who happen to pick that day for their visit. My sons school even said kids were not allowed to take their annual passes if they had one, so that there would be no incidents of passholders lauding it over non-passholders.
We were allowed to take money to Oakwood, and many in my year bought Fastrack, but I remember the letter stated that it shouldn't be too large of an amount. Thorpe's Fastrack packages are probably more expensive than Oakwood's, though. Oakwood's were £4 for a One Shot.

School trips are sometimes offered special deals on Fastrack, such as being able to buy Fastrack for 'smaller' rides like Samurai, Vortex, Dodgems, etc for £1. Even then, most kids don't take the offer up.

Thorpe park ticket shambles. Only one member of staff doing tickets with a queue of hundreds.

Another getslurry link

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/visitors-thorpe-park-left-frustrated-14734246

The final day of the half term at Thorpe Park was marred by lengthy queues, with some guests waiting for hours to pick up tickets.

Guests were left frustrated after a "couple of a hundred" people had to queue for more than an hour to pick up pre-paid passes and tickets before getting into the park on Friday (June 1)

A spokesman for the theme park said the queues were in part due to the bad weather earlier in the week, meaning a lot of guests were given automatic entry passes for another day, which they then decided to use.

Guests were left frustrated with the queues, with one person saying they had seen only one member of staff after an hour of queuing.

"There's a junior member of staff here and he's just on his own, so I didn't even complain to him. It's not fair to do that. He was apologising and going on, but he was only a teenager."

I'm a bit worried about long queues to get into Towers, since we're planning on using a 2 for 1 voucher so I can't book online

Hang on, X needs to have 2 riders on each row to operate? Why on earth is that!?

:)

I think it might be a weighting issue or something. I did also read somewhere that it was something to do with the lap bars.

On my last few visits a few years ago, I couldn't ride X as a single rider, I always needed someone to sit next to me

It has to have two per row because if a seat is empty you can push the empty seats restraint all the way down and then get out / stand up.

A good example where SRQ is really needed. Couldn't they invest in a zombie type mannequin to sit in the empty seat?

New health and safety guidelines from the manufacturer, you can get out the car as it's going round if you sit alone, it was introduced part way through last year iirc.

Looks like they have read and listen to all of our posts. Looks like single riders are now joined by live zombie actors :)

However it's not clear if this is during actor only days

When we were there 2 weeks ago they were sorting the odd-numbered groups problem at the point of batching by always counting exactly 20 people into each group and pairing two odd-numbered groups. By the time guests get to the ride it's easy to re-group the odd groups as there's never many people at that end. Odd sized groups may have to wait a batch or two more now, but it doesn't affect capacity if the batcher keeps track of what's going on.

A further bonus is that they've also managed to finally address the issue of requiring RAP guests to go the wrong way down a mile-long exit path.