• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Isn't the 'infinity' logo actually the Thorpe Park logo rethemed for each thing.

I've no issues with Thorpe doing all these things, they don't appeal to me so I won't go on them. Nothing to get worked up over.

He's definitely not happy! He literally tears the park apart lol :p
Let's just say I wasn't quite expecting it, as he's normally quite calm!

As for my personal opinions on this, they're basically summed up in the post I made over on CoasterForce Forum:
Now, criticise me all you want, but I don't personally think this is as bad as some people are saying it is considering this is a low year. Everyone always complains about how there's not enough to do at Merlin parks other than rides; these events will solve that. Also, most of them bar Jungle Escape are free as far as I'm aware, so that's more attractions you're getting for your money right there! They could also attract new markets to Thorpe who would previously have never thought of going and make it a more well-rounded day out that will please more people. Do you guys get where I'm coming from?
EDIT: Also, another point I just thought of; didn't similar events occur during the 1990s and 2000s at Thorpe and other Tussauds parks? I'm not sure if they were ever criticised back then.

Last edited:
Most events were done in the same years as rides were added. I know (as I visited) LEGOLAND did a concert weekend in 2010, despite also being when kingdom of the pharaohs opened.

One of the best comments that sums up Thorpe right now.

It’s quite right they are getting a hammering, they didn’t need to do these gimmicky things just so they could advertise something new for 2019. They really could of won support just by maintaining what they’ve already got but of course that doesn’t grab a headline so it’s no go :rolleyes:

2gyc7py.jpg

I don’t see anything wrong with this event in and of itself. I didn’t see anything wrong with Love Island Lates; in fact I thought it was
a great event. Late opening, bars, a DJ and short queues; what’s not to like? Yet, people seemed to hate it with a passion.

As above, this announcement just seems to be a lightning rod for attracting criticism of Thorpe’s general malaise, poor maintenance, crap additions and bad customer service. The frustration seems to be that the events are a sticking plaster for a more deep seated array of issues.

These type of events were held in the golden days of Tussauds, it’s just no one was complaining back then because the park’s were properly maintained, investment was regular and service was better.

But don’t hate the events themselves, hate the fact that Merlin aren’t investing properly.

Why does everyone keep referring to BounceZilla as a bouncy castle, out of interest? I was under the impression that it was more like an inflatable assault course.

These type of events were held in the golden days of Tussauds, it’s just no one was complaining back then because the park’s were properly maintained, investment was regular and service was better.
Yeah, I dont remember there ever being 'good' events at Thorpe Park. But the events werent being held as the parks' main draw and the rest the park was very fresh and a much more varied, good value day out than today.

Unlike many people complaining on social media, I don't think Thorpe Park's lack of new coaster is the problem. They have so many now. It's just that what the park is on the whole is a patchwork of gimmicky, tarcked rubbish dressed in glossy advertising

Yeah, I dont remember there ever being 'good' events at Thorpe Park. But the events werent being held as the parks' main draw and the rest the park was very fresh and a much more varied, good value day out than today.

Aside from Fright Nights, Thorpe Park have consistently hosted lame, trend-friendly events. They were doing X-Factor rip-off karoake stuff back when Stealth opened. As has been pointed out above, it was hardly an issue when they were taking place as a compliment to new additions and attractions, and when the park wasn't a soulless operations hellscape.

They were doing X-Factor rip-off karoake stuff back when Stealth opened. As has been pointed out above, it was hardly an issue when they were taking place as a compliment to new additions and attractions, and when the park wasn't a soulless operations hellscape.
Yeah, aside from Fright Nights (which has been better in the past) that's exactly what my post meant.

"
SAVE TIME & MONEY ON THE DAY AND BOOK YOUR PARKING TICKET ONLINE - £15 AT THE EXIT OR £8 WHEN BOOKED ONLINE"

I assume you can book on the day as long as you have battery left on your phone.

"
SAVE TIME & MONEY ON THE DAY AND BOOK YOUR PARKING TICKET ONLINE - £15 AT THE EXIT OR £8 WHEN BOOKED ONLINE"

I assume you can book on the day as long as you have battery left on your phone.
So same as last year where in theory annoying people annoyed at being asked for £15 at the barrier could go block traffic to purchase online.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk