• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

If the beach is ever removed I often wonder what a good replacement would be that could help the parks layout. Just sticking a ride in its place would likely have all sorts of issues as it would be right on the main midway and need a massive throughput to deal with the popularity it would likely have.

It could be that the ideal replacement would just be well landscaped open space that can be used for concerts and other events.

If the beach is ever removed I often wonder what a good replacement would be that could help the parks layout. Just sticking a ride in its place would likely have all sorts of issues as it would be right on the main midway and need a massive throughput to deal with the popularity it would likely have.

It could be that the ideal replacement would just be well landscaped open space that can be used for concerts and other events.

Yeah a permanent stage and open event space might be a good thing. Sort of like the lawns function as at AT.

I'd like to see something like this:
mBvMZN3.png

Obvious path into the park, ride either side, with the cabins demolished to put a proper indoor waterpark area.

Which ride selling website do Merlin use? I ask as I would like to scourer the sites to see if Rocky Express,Timber Tug Boat or Lumber Jump are for sale.

@Skyscraper,do the photographs correlate with the rides? I ask as if the answer is no Lumber Jump could be featured. There are a few Frog Hoppers (Lumber Jump Style rides) listed. As for Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat there are no trace of them. Could this mean that the latter 2 rides have been transferred to another Merlin Park?

I have an inkling that Alton Towers will receive the rides. There website states "new attractions". Alton could easily retheme Rocky Express to fit into The World Of David Walliams.

@Skyscraper,do the photographs correlate with the rides? I ask as if the answer is no Lumber Jump could be featured. There are a few Frog Hoppers (Lumber Jump Style rides) listed. As for Rocky Express and Timber Tug Boat there are no trace of them. Could this mean that the latter 2 rides have been transferred to another Merlin Park?

I have an inkling that Alton Towers will receive the rides. There website states "new attractions". Alton could easily retheme Rocky Express to fit into The World Of David Walliams.
No, the photos don't always correlate with the rides. :)

I feel that the beach should have been removed after the 2010 season when they decided to remove the Octopus Garden section of the park. If the flying Fish was also moved to Chessington or Legoland and re-themed and depth charge sold they could have a nice new area to welcome you in the park.

I feel that the beach should have been removed after the 2010 season when they decided to remove the Octopus Garden section of the park. If the flying Fish was also moved to Chessington or Legoland and re-themed and depth charge sold they could have a nice new area to welcome you in the park.

Chessington already has a powered coaster almost identical to Flying Fish in Scorpion Express.

I think Flying Fish is perfect fine at Thorpe, but replacing the beach with other attractions that open the park up for those who are 1.2m tall would be best to allow families of over-10s to visit as a family.

I reckon that instead of removing Octopus Gardens, they could have had Storm Surge replace Depth Charge and the beach. It would still be within Amity Cove, and it would have been a like-for-like switch, replacing a water slide with a water slide!

tbh if/when they remove the beach its almost limited to what i would want there as it needs to be low height wise as the view as you exit the dome is on the money…… the only thing i would change would be wider access parks away from the dome …

During the recent consultation, Thorpe confirmed that "they are exploring options for Slammer's removal, and hope to provide an update in a few months time".

Source:

During the recent consultation, Thorpe confirmed that "they are exploring options for Slammer's removal, and hope to provide an update in a few months time".

What does this even mean? The options for slammer’s removal are er… remove it, or, don't remove it! What is there to explore?

What does this even mean? The options for slammer’s removal are er… remove it, or, don't remove it! What is there to explore?
I assume they mean that they are looking at the logistics of removing it, such as the cost, contractors etc

Slammer should've been removed when the ride closed. I don't understand why you'd want a ride sat there permanently closed that's never going to reopen. Especially in that prominent of a position. The park should remove it and preferably put a family flat ride there. I presume however they'll probably do a bodge job to remove it and cover up the remains without replacing it at all.