• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Vortex makes me feel sick, Samurai is OK but Rush is my favourite ride at Thorpe.
Everyones tolerances might be different, but I much prefer Maelstrom (at DM) and similar where you face outwards, Vortx just didn't feel nice.

I’m a big fan of Vortex (and Eagle’s Claw at Lightwater Valley) which are both KMG Afterburners, but even better is when you find one at a fair running on an intense cycle, they’ve really got some kick when they let them fly. I was disappointed by Samurai though when I went on it last week, it seemed rather slow and was tamer than I was expecting (which might be good news for some people). I remember riding it at Chessington many years ago and it was a beast, I’d like to see a Thorpe replace it was a newer version and tie it in with some theming to Saw Island.

Vortex makes me feel sick, Samurai is OK but Rush is my favourite ride at Thorpe.
Everyones tolerances might be different, but I much prefer Maelstrom (at DM) and similar where you face outwards, Vortx just didn't feel nice.
Yeah I can handle Maelstrom fine as it has a short cycle. I rode Flip Flop at Mingo a fair few years back which has a much longer cycle, and didn't like it at all.
Rush is definitely the flat I'm most looking forward to at Thorpe, Detonator second.

Thorpe's flats are operated so badly anyone can do them, in fact in the case of Samurai last year it was so slow it was dull and painful as it sort of left you on the restraints when it failed to flip

Drilling has started around Old Town and the old scare mazes have been removed. Project Exodus here we go!

projectexodusapril2022-1.jpg

https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Ground-Works-Begin-On-Project-Exodus

That's a really terrible article.

Someone who hates rides has a terrible day at a Theme Park? Who'd have thought it. No mention of the understandable reasons for ride closures either.

Also - "I saw Thorpe Park's most iconic ride: the Inferno."
Yeah my phone recommended that article this morning. It was 🩲

How ridiculous is it that he is moaning about having to pay £4.50 for a return ticket on the shuttle bus, did he expect the train from Waterloo to stop off directly at the gates of the park? If he thinks getting to Thorpe park by public transport is bad then god forbid he ever tries going to Alton Towers by public transport, he’d probably never recover from the shock of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite being poorly written it doesn’t exactly sell Thorpe Park. If queues and breakdowns are written about more than the rides it’s not encouraging anyone to visit.

Could it not be argued that it could also help give them a kick up the backside?