• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The collective genius of John Wardley, Walt Disney, Steven Spielberg, Isambard Kingdom Brunel and God wouldn't be able to help TWODW or DBGT.
But I'm sure the Mack family would have jumped at the idea of giving it a try. Not that they'd have been foolish enough to make it dedicated to VR in the first place. But they at least have managed to make it work on some level.

Wouldn’t say it’s an exodus reveal to the GP, it says Pass-holders. Meaning it will be a bit of nerdy information or an exclusive event thing ect.

I love the transparency and it’s good to see what’s going on with exodus. However, if they are going to spoon feed information before it opens, I think that will ruin it. Think about the unknown regarding the world of Jumanji, they haven’t really told us much about the actual ride hardware. Just the general theme, same goes for Alton towers. We know nothing about The Curse at Alton Manor.

As much as we are eager to know, I think it would be ashame for the park themselves to give out information all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t say it’s an exodus reveal to the GP, it says Pass-holders. Meaning it will be a bit of nerdy information or an exclusive event thing ect.

I love the transparency and it’s good to see what’s going on with exodus. However, if they are going to spoon feed information before it opens, I think that will ruin it.
I agree. Spoon feeding information will reduce the anticipation and excitement for the attraction. (although there will still be plenty of excitement in Exodus' case)

Coincidentally 236 is also the pph that Mandril Mayhem is likely to achieve on a good day.
236 pph is a number Rattlesnake can only dream of.

Last edited by a moderator:
, if they are going to spoon feed information before it opens, I think that will ruin it. Think about the unknown regarding the world of Jumanji, they haven’t really told us much about the actual ride hardware.

There isn't much of anything you can keep secret on an entirely outdoor ride that's the tallest in the country though! It's all on show.

From a marketing point something like TCAAT has lots to be gained by secretive marketing, the ride experience being a surprise will add to the way you enjoy the experience.
Jumanji is not so much a secret, more that its selling point is all theme and little substance as a ride, so that's the information the park are pushing.
The point of Exodus is the ride as it takes a legitimate record, that is the point of its existence and they'll be shouting about it. Everything else about it will be incidental.

What is to be gained by secrecy here? We are not used to that sort of approach because we are not used to actually good/substantial rides being built, but it would make sense and is often how things are done elsewhere.

For anyone that didn’t get to experience DBGT in all its erm ‘glory’ here is a permission filmed POV.

It’s been a while since I went on this attraction so my memory might be playing tricks but I think some of the VR segments have been cut down versus what was on the actual ride. The middle section between the two train rides also changed many times through the years - but at least this gives an overall impression of what the ride consisted of.

One of the most impressive elements of the whole thing that wasn’t really captured well on the video is the scale of the room with the hanging train carriage. It is pretty impressive in scale, and bigger than anything else I think Merlin have attempted before.

A good update by Theme Park Guide here today on the closed season at the park. The section of Colossus track has baffled me. I know why they did it and to be honest I feel that taking tracks apart lately has become an obsession for Merlin, but is this a new section on Colossus or refurbished? It’s 21 years old now and quite frankly could do with a repaint. Elsewhere, Samurai coming back together is always good, although the ride is showing evident age now and I wonder how long it has left. Again, it could do with a spruce up. Inferno on the lift hill is random and is the second time in weeks I’ve seen a picture of a B&M inverter without it’s wheels covers. Clearance for Exodus is fast moving, and I’m sad to see the CCR station has finally gone, although we knew it was coming…there go the memories!

A good update by Theme Park Guide here today on the closed season at the park. The section of Colossus track has baffled me. I know why they did it and to be honest I feel that taking tracks apart lately has become an obsession for Merlin, but is this a new section on Colossus or refurbished? It’s 21 years old now and quite frankly could do with a repaint. Elsewhere, Samurai coming back together is always good, although the ride is showing evident age now and I wonder how long it has left. Again, it could do with a spruce up. Inferno on the lift hill is random and is the second time in weeks I’ve seen a picture of a B&M inverter without it’s wheels covers. Clearance for Exodus is fast moving, and I’m sad to see the CCR station has finally gone, although we knew it was coming…there go the memories!
Aww, you beat me to it. I'm quite baffled as well to the colour of the new track. I thought they painted them, then assembled the track, not the other way round, if it'll be painted that is.