• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

So Colossus is painted into a silver then?

Huh, suppose it's better than black I guess.
I wouldn't be so sure. I could be wrong, but that looks to me like it could be a primer coat rather than the final thing. Light grey is a very typical primer colour.

Although with that being said, painting after assembly would be unusual...

I feel that taking tracks apart lately has become an obsession for Merlin
What do you mean? This is the first major coaster refurbishment for Merlin isn’t it? Nemesis has had quite a bit of work before too, but none of the Merlin parks have replaced on the scale that the Big One has received.

Last edited:
What do you mean? This is the first major coaster refurbishment for Merlin isn’t it? Nemesis has had quite a bit of work before too, but none of the Merlin parks have replaced on the scale that the Bit zone has received.
Admittedly, both Colossos at Heide Park and Shaman at Gardaland received retracks prior to Colossus and Nemesis.

This is the first coaster retrack in a UK Merlin park, however.

I wouldn't be so sure. I could be wrong, but that looks to me like it could be a primer coat rather than the final thing. Light grey is a very typical primer colour.

Although with that being said, painting after assembly would be unusual...
Aren’t they repainting Dragon’s Fury’s supports at Chessington with a similar grey primer? I would be very surprised if Thorpe Park didn’t at least repaint those sections of Colossus properly!

A good update by Theme Park Guide here today on the closed season at the park. The section of Colossus track has baffled me. I know why they did it and to be honest I feel that taking tracks apart lately has become an obsession for Merlin, but is this a new section on Colossus or refurbished? It’s 21 years old now and quite frankly could do with a repaint. Elsewhere, Samurai coming back together is always good, although the ride is showing evident age now and I wonder how long it has left. Again, it could do with a spruce up. Inferno on the lift hill is random and is the second time in weeks I’ve seen a picture of a B&M inverter without it’s wheels covers. Clearance for Exodus is fast moving, and I’m sad to see the CCR station has finally gone, although we knew it was coming…there go the memories!
Looks like it hasn't been painted fully yet as I'm pretty sure that grey is primer.

I’m surprised that noone has noticed, but based on the TikTok video Thorpe originally posted vs the above photo updates, it looks like some of the original track has been reinstalled instead of entirely new track on the rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I thought that, it’s only one piece of track compared to all that section which was taken out.

Maybe couldn’t do it in time? Only replaced the one they could make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, those restraints have been complained about for years but personally I find them fine.
Same! I had no issues with them when I rode it twice last April. Found it really smooth too. Don't know about you, but I'm tall and slim.