• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Oh, the Colossus trains... I do not like them at all.

The restraints are uncomfortably tight, in my view, particularly around my thighs (and I do not have big thighs by any means...), and I also don't like how cramped the cars are... when sat in the back, I can only just get my knees behind the seat in front. The cars combined with the roughness are a large part of why Colossus is one of my least favourite coasters of the 91 I've ridden; if the trains were changed to something more akin to those on Sik, that would improve Colossus a huge amount, in my view. I still wouldn't especially like the ending with all the rolls, but I imagine the first half could be quite decent if the trains were improved and the roughness was rectified.

For reference, I'm 5'9.5" and very slim.

There are only two coasters I can definitively say are front row rides - The Ride to Happiness & Colossus. RTH because it just is generally the better experience all round at the front, and Colossus because its the least claustrophobic and least roughest of the whole train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are only two coasters I can definitively say are front row rides - The Ride to Happiness & Colossus. RTH because it just is generally the better experience all round at the front, and Colossus because its the least claustrophobic and least roughest of the whole train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My first ride on Colossus was in the second-to-back car, and I was bricking it. Needen't have worried though, as it was unexpectedly butter smooth.

I'll agree that Nemesis is a front row ride; you feel less shielded from the surroundings in the front than you do in the other rows, and it does elevate the sense of speed. I still don't entirely get the hype for Nemesis overall, though; I've done 91 coasters, and it still only sits at my #22 spot. I rate it a 7/10.

Looping this back around to Thorpe Park, one ride that most certainly is a front row ride in my view is Stealth. My word, that launch feels even more punchy in the front, and the sense of speed is phenomenal! I managed to score the front row in 2020 when they were assigning seats... I might queue for the front and try to get another front row ride in 2023!

Indeed ... But you rate Icon ... :rolleyes:
I apologise for enjoying Icon @Rick (that opinion of mine seems to particularly annoy you, as you've made numerous comments about it to me over the years). I'm aware that my opinion is pretty unpopular around these parts, I accept that my taste in roller coasters is probably pretty poor to many, and I accept that by the consensus view, I'm probably wrong to like Icon and not rate Nemesis obscenely highly.

However, I cannot lie about my own feelings and memories, and from memory, Icon was just such a fun, rerideable coaster that put such a smile on my face!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to make of the blue and white. It would not let me post as a link, source TP official.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214_175923_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_175923_Facebook.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 96
...why just Ghost Train? I can't be the only one that seems rather iffy about the name.

It's not A Ghost Train or The Ghost Train, just plain old Ghost Train. I honestly thought that was a working title until they had an actual name for it.

Then again given Merlin's name choices over the years, I really shouldn't be all that surprised.