• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The trouble with the Teacups ride is they’re limited unless they ditch the whole teacup theme completely. I believe Marauders Mayhem at Alton Towers was a teacup theme before the Mutiny Bay retheme, and the transformation of that was brilliant. Thorpe’s Teacups are original and old now, it would be nice to see it completely rethemed.

Storm in a Teacup was a pretty good name. The best integration of any sponsor still has to be TRAUMAtizer.

Whatever it's called, whoever it's sponsored by, I can't get too het up - it's still a teacup ride and fun irrespective.

Its been confirmed that Nemesis Inferno and Colossus are to be closed on the Passholder day on the 18th. And I’m not sure if this is new but Thorpe Park have a section on their website that states both planned closures and weather guidelines for all their attractions, I really wish Towers would take a leaf out of this book as that’s one thing they really do worse than Thorpe Park.

I’ll add a link to the page below:

https://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/resort-information/ride-availability/

Worth noting you can manually flag things as nudity/violence/sensitive content on Twitter. It's done for comedic effect, which is likely what this particular user has done. Anyway, back to Thorpe discussion please :)

This afternoon I’ve walked along Monks Walk for the first time in years. I intended to come back with some photos but really couldn’t get the right shots, but here’s what I noticed:

• Loggers Leap demolition has reached the bottom of the lift hill with just a little bit of that left to come out. It is only just about visible and once that is gone and they remove the trough leading to it, you won’t be able to see the remainder of the ride from Monks Walk.
  • Saw was testing - my days it makes an awful creaking noise as a car goes over the top off, off the vertical lift hill.
  • Samurai was testing, looks like it was being run a bit slower than normal.
  • Stealth was testing, I saw about 5 cars go over the top - with success.
  • The scaffolding that was on Colossus has now gone, and so has Inferno’s.
  • Spotted many Rumba Rapids boats near Inferno’s station, none with the rubber rings. Not sure if these are used, they need a good clean up if they are. Nearby, I saw an old Loggers Leap boat with weeds and plantation growing out of it.

A few new F&B additions to Thorpe announced recently on their fb group:

02979837-A33E-44F5-8516-FF64ED0999E4.jpeg
Replacing what was the waffle place (which I’ve never seen open) near to DBGT and next to the bar and grill place.

FA45E260-4C1D-43D5-B9EA-66D1426FB422.jpeg
Opening near Vortex where Ben & Jerrys used to be years ago, and was recently a cocktail bar which I don’t believe ever actually opened cause of covid, and a second location near to Colossus entrance.

9E4FEE84-EC90-428F-93B1-5E57FAD7E063.jpeg
Replacing the Mexican place opposite pizza and pasta buffet.

A few new F&B additions to Thorpe announced recently on their fb group:

02979837-A33E-44F5-8516-FF64ED0999E4.jpeg
Replacing what was the waffle place (which I’ve never seen open) near to DBGT and next to the bar and grill place.

FA45E260-4C1D-43D5-B9EA-66D1426FB422.jpeg
Opening near Vortex where Ben & Jerrys used to be years ago, and was recently a cocktail bar which I don’t believe ever actually opened cause of covid, and a second location near to Colossus entrance.

9E4FEE84-EC90-428F-93B1-5E57FAD7E063.jpeg
Replacing the Mexican place opposite pizza and pasta buffet.
chocolate-spongebob.gif

Following a trial last year on Saw, Thorpe have now added permanent single rider queues to Saw and Walking Dead (which will be great due to its rule of not having empty seats next to people). They are also adding it to Stealth later in the season.

Great to see single rider queues, it’s a shame towers don’t add them on rides where they easily could (eg oblivion).