• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

A ride which itself had already been relocated from Chessington!

Iā€™d argue it did loosely fit into Lost City when it was introduced, with the branding and ā€œLost City blueā€ colour, and ruined walls etc. Got a bit muddled once Saw was stuck next to it! Everyone thought it would be rethemed into Canada Creek at the time

A ride which itself had already been relocated from Chessington!

Iā€™d argue it did loosely fit into Lost City when it was introduced, with the branding and ā€œLost City blueā€ colour, and ruined walls etc. Got a bit muddled once Saw was stuck next to it! Everyone thought it would be rethemed into Canada Creek at the time
Im pretty sure there was concept art doing the rounds at the time for a Canada Creek themed Samurai. Possibly named Buzzsaw? Rings a bell anyway.

When Exodus is being built, does anyone think that Samurai could be removed (or hopefully relocated to Towers on the Enterprise site)? It has never fit into its area at Thorpe.
I think it has fitted into its area well. A lot of work has happened in the surrounding area since it came, it has been nearly 2 decades! šŸ˜³ Lately itā€™s looking itā€™s age and needs a proper good paint job from top to bottom, even if itā€™s the same colours.

You have! Samurai at Lagoon Park

image-service
I didnā€™t realise that but yes it was Mondial colours with the extra badge here and there that the park added.

Also just noticed how old photos of Samurai at Chessington are on Attraction Sourceā€™s page with their logo on each image. I know for a fact theyā€™ve sliced a top off each one to remove the ā€œcwoaguide.comā€ wording, that was the website the pictures were originally on and now Attraction Source claim itā€™s theirs. šŸ˜ šŸ¤¬

Just a head up. Managed to get a passholder day slot at 1:30 after they said it ran out at 12:15. So maybe they have released some more tickets if anyone wanted to try after missing out.

That cafe bares a striking resemblance to what you see on many heritage railways for their cafes which are made up of MK1 coaches that use that seat pattern...I'm certain someone from MMM went the nearest heritage railway to Thorpe to get ideas! :p

Looks good, Iā€™m sure Aramark will be able to fill it with a wide range of rancid food productsā€¦
Which in this case will only add to the experience of sitting in a mediocre railway station cafe.

Best themed is not always 'best'.