• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Thorpe Belle has been moved to open up the view across the lake.

Is it just me or does this photo look like it’s of an abandoned theme park? I know it’s winter but the state of everything and this is going into the start of the season when they have had chance to clean things up.

Colossus supports/track and that shop front especially 🤮🤮

AF0BD4FC-3683-43BA-8FD4-0381FED4034E.jpeg
3261903A-7E03-4F04-A0E2-C1A906BDA316.jpeg

Thorpe Belle has been moved to open up the view across the lake.

Is it just me or does this photo look like it’s of an abandoned theme park? I know it’s winter but the state of everything and this is going into the start of the season when they have had chance to clean things up.

Colossus supports/track and that shop front especially 🤮🤮

AF0BD4FC-3683-43BA-8FD4-0381FED4034E.jpeg
3261903A-7E03-4F04-A0E2-C1A906BDA316.jpeg
Should have repainted Colossus along with the Taziker retrack.

Elsewhere it seems the tea cups has a new sponsor
1D2372F1-7926-491E-9A58-230354B00CDA.jpeg
The Dobble Tea Party, which I believe is some kind of card game.

Not really sure how that will fit to the tea cups, and it’s lady how they have stuck the sign over the old one, with it visible on the left hand side.
(Photo from Theme Park Guide twitter)

They don't fit. It's a really random sponsor of a fairly successful (at least it appears so given the amount of versions in shops) card game.

Why the Teacups even need a sponsor is weird in of itself. At least Tetley made sense.

They don't fit. It's a really random sponsor of a fairly successful (at least it appears so given the amount of versions in shops) card game.

Why the Teacups even need a sponsor is weird in of itself. At least Tetley made sense.
They don't need a sponsor. No ride needs a sponsor. It's just a lazy way of earning a few quid - at best it doesn't detract from the overall experience but normally it does.

Why are you so adamantly against this, out of interest? Colossus is beautifully landscaped, but it definitely doesn't ride so well, especially these days. An Intamin Blitz would probably be a better ride, especially if they could enhance it by using the existing landscaping.
First off, just to explain myself, I thought only putting in 'no' instead of a paragraph of why I don't want colossus replaced would be very abrupt and funny. This is a forum, you wouldn't really expect a post only containing one word, so it's a bit odd but funny that their is one.

Secondly, I'm more of a theme guy than a thrill guy, I think all they need to do to make colossus world class again is for some new trains, more retracks, Give Lost city's theming TLC, and repaint the track to its original colour instead of its rotten looks it has currently. I think it would be a bad decision for them too remove colossus as I think it has huge potential to be one of the best themed areas and one of Britain's best Coasters if given the right treatment and TLC as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Are there actually any other sponsors left at Merlin parks? They used to be everywhere.
Imagine how they would work these days: Colossus brought to you by Raid Shadow Legends. Black Mirror Labyrinth sponsored by Nord VPN. (I'm joking of course).

Last edited:
Secondly, I'm more of a theme guy than a thrill guy, I think all they need to do to make colossus world class again is for some new trains, more retracks, Give Lost city's theming TLC, and repaint the track to its original colour instead of its rotten looks it has currently. I think it would be a bad decision for then too remove colossus as I think it has huge potential to be one of the best themed areas and one of Britain's best Coasters if given the right treatment and TLC as mentioned above.

It was never world-class to begin with. You could have B&M or RMC re-track it and it would still be jarred by the one underlying issue Thorpe will never change. The trains.

No amount of re-tracking or re-painting, or making the theming look presentable again will solve Colossus. It's the colostomy bag of the current coaster portfolio within Merlin, which doesn't have a high bar to begin with on track and train alone.

They would have been better off replacing it with something like Steel Curtain which would have been quite the statement maker on the skyline, or a Mack Big Dipper/Stryker which would give plenty of versatile, compact layout designs. But given they've decided to bodge both those ideas into something half-baked layout-wise for Exodus, that's unlikely.

Loving the abandoned look in the previous images. It truly sums up the notion that no amount of polishing here and there at Thorpe Park will solve the wider turd issue.

First off, just to explain myself, I thought only putting in 'no' instead of a paragraph of why I don't want colossus replaced would be very abrupt and funny. This is a forum, you wouldn't really expect a post only containing one word, so it's a bit odd but funny that their is one.

Secondly, I'm more of a theme guy than a thrill guy, I think all they need to do to make colossus world class again is for some new trains, more retracks, Give Lost city's theming TLC, and repaint the track to its original colour instead of its rotten looks it has currently. I think it would be a bad decision for them too remove colossus as I think it has huge potential to be one of the best themed areas and one of Britain's best Coasters if given the right treatment and TLC as mentioned above.
That makes sense. What you say in this comment would massively improve the experience of Colossus and Lost City in general.

In Jack Silkstone’s latest video of the Loggers Leap demolition, he mentions he was chatting to one of the guys who was working on the main double drop that is being cut down. Apparently, that guy and his team worked on cutting up Nemesis!
(I’ve also posted this in the main Nemesis discussion topic).

Elsewhere it seems the tea cups has a new sponsor
1D2372F1-7926-491E-9A58-230354B00CDA.jpeg
The Dobble Tea Party, which I believe is some kind of card game.

Not really sure how that will fit to the tea cups, and it’s lady how they have stuck the sign over the old one, with it visible on the left hand side.
(Photo from Theme Park Guide twitter)

Totally random sponsor but the tea cups have had a sponsor for a good number of years and the tea cups aren’t really seen as a brand within Thorpe anyway, so seems like the best ride to stick a random sponsor on if they really have to. I’d hope they wouldn’t stick this kind of thing onto one of the coasters or even a flat like Vortex!

Would be interesting to see the park’s sales pitch to Dobble though… “one of Thorpe Park’s most popular rides!”