• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I think he should fit on everything except collosus but sometimes you've just got to give it a go, stealth is also extremely restrictive but I think that's mostly for tallness.

Thanks I wonder if there is any leeway with the restriction of 51 inches? Would a 52-53 chest get in or are the advertised amounts really on the limit?

Thanks I wonder if there is any leeway with the restriction of 51 inches? Would a 52-53 chest get in or are the advertised amounts really on the limit?
Probably depends on how "squashy" the chest is, as the ride staff are usually happy to put some force in to try and push the restraint closed.

I’m concerned for the fright nights campaign. We were already 3 announcements deep last time, and we haven’t even got a teaser. Maybe they are just making them a bit less spaced out…

I’m concerned for the fright nights campaign. We were already 3 announcements deep last time, and we haven’t even got a teaser. Maybe they are just making them a bit less spaced out…
My guess is they want to try and juggle the Exodus marketing & Fright nights without them conflicting each other. I’m sure some information will be made public soon.

I’m wondering, is this disciple just the new maze? Because Jack was drawing attention to that teddy bear that keeps showing up everywhere, so perhaps not…

hhn-15-story-teller.jpg

At least they're ripping off the best.

Thorpe Park fright nights suck. Badly.

Ghost Train sucks too.

They need to either bring in decent actors or just not bother. Or at the very least teach them something other than fake zombie sounds and quickly punching their hand in front of your face.

I didn’t even bother with it last year and I’m not sure about this year either… You can’t even trust the reviews of people online because they’re just a bunch of silly vloggers filming themselves screaming into their camera just so they get invited to events by the parks, as if they are some kind of VIP. I wonder when they’ll realise they’re literally just being used for free advertisement.

Well that turned into a bigger rant than expected… Have a nice night guys 🤣

That trailer was so bad. I got so bored halfway through it. Maybe someone should tell Jack they are not meant to be vlogs! He's confused his two roles again.

I think for what it’s worth, the trailer was very good. We’ve never seen marketing for an event have quite as much of a push, but you have to admit it’s better than a slideshow showing all the logos of what’s going to be at the event

Ghost Train sucks too.

They need to either bring in decent actors or just not bother. Or at the very least teach them something other than fake zombie sounds and quickly punching their hand in front of your face.

I didn’t even bother with it last year and I’m not sure about this year either… You can’t even trust the reviews of people online because they’re just a bunch of silly vloggers filming themselves screaming into their camera just so they get invited to events by the parks, as if they are some kind of VIP. I wonder when they’ll realise they’re literally just being used for free advertisement.

Agreed, needs a big refresh.

Too much emphasis on the 'acting' and not scaring IMO.

Should be renamed "Get Shouted At In A Bad American Accent Nights".

The foundations are still there for a really good event.

I agree.

Apart from the odd thing, I have basically thought FN largely sucks every time I went.

In 2005 I didn't know anything different.
It sucked in 2011.
It sucked in 2018.
It sucked in 2022. Although maybe slightly less.

Some of the mazes are OK. Some are downright naff.

Ghost Train sucks too.

Agreed, needs a big refresh.

Too much emphasis on the 'acting' and not scaring IMO.

Should be renamed "Get Shouted At In A Bad American Accent Nights".

The foundations are still there for a really good event.
I agree with all of that! What has always put me off FN is the fact that the roaming actors just seem to either not say anything and stare, do zombie impressions or just chase you with an axe, regardless of the scarezone storyline. (I should say I am just basing this off vlogs I've seen over the years).

And why do Thorpe insist on allowing vloggers on press night filming their reaction in a maze that is meant to be dark with a huge light in their face trying to act scared following the camera person? That would never make me want to go and try the maze. I guess it must work or else they wouldn't do it. But I'm glad Towers don't do that, instead leaving it up to guests to find out what it's like in person (having said that, they did allow that Bristol woman from This Morning into the freakshow maze a couple of years ago).