• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

London schools were on holiday last week so they must have thought after the 31st Oct the park would be empty to the weekend and cause they don’t have a firework event it ain’t worth opening.

I don’t think we need another generic pirate theme leave those themes to Drayton manor. I’m sure Merlin can come up with something more original and exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem is that it's a small area and all depends on my opinion on what film is in the 4d cinema. I doubt much will be spent on a seating refurb so they need a film that links in with the effects or do they get rid of 4d as most areas now have 4dx and put in a dark ride in years to come? Is it possible to put in a transit system that could go over 2 floors? To make use of the space? Link it to amity? Something like escape the floods? Family ride.

Bring the sails back plonk in captain lucky, thow more cannons around detonator and bobs Ur uncle pirates area is back lol.

Random but related thought. I've always found it quite amusing, and slightly mean, that the majority of people in Thorpe's catchment area can't instinctively pronounce the name of the park correctly.

Forpe Park.

It's a very south eastern trait to not be able to pronounce "th" sounds in words.

Random but related thought. I've always found it quite amusing, and slightly mean, that the majority of people in Thorpe's catchment area can't instinctively pronounce the name of the park correctly.

Forpe Park.

It's a very south eastern trait to not be able to pronounce "th" sounds in words.
Now I'm sitting here in the MOT centre whispering "thorpe park" to myself in my London accent.

Think I'm definitely a Forper.

Better a Forper than a Foosie.

Not all of us west Londoners have that trait. It’s more of a estuary English (Essex /Medway) thing. Sadly, those accents seem to be the ones that get on telly more often, and influence the kiddywinks.

Round here, in the heart of Metroland, you’re more likely to hear old people speak in full on RP. The younglings, though, communicate in “MLE”, and that does drop TH in favour of F.

Us respectable middle aged folk just speak normally. ;)

Not all of us west Londoners have that trait. It’s more of a estuary English (Essex /Medway) thing. Sadly, those accents seem to be the ones that get on telly more often, and influence the kiddywinks.

Round here, in the heart of Metroland, you’re more likely to hear old people speak in full on RP. The younglings, though, communicate in “MLE”, and that does drop TH in favour of F.

Yes, Essex/Medway right down to us here in Fanet.

Surrey and Sussex too, almost certainly, surely? There's an RP element, but still the F.