• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Just wanted to note that instead of a walking dead ride, they probably could’ve gotten the rights to build a breaking bad ride. Both are AMC.

Just saying.

I'm going to stick up for Thorpe, it's not perfect but I'd id compare the dome to the monorail stations... Stuck in a time vortex of years gone by. Instead of demolish it I think the dome could be reworked to provide a welcome experience like no other! ;-)

The carpark and main entrance plaza does need a total revamp and working. It's a concrete and metal barrier mess.

I want to point out although they are not my favourite Thorpe has better food options than Alton and better price points. With high street chains a welcome from the overpriced rubbish they serve at Alton. Notice that due to the competition the prices are lower!

Theme wise Amity is very well done, tell me a restaurant in Alton with as good theming as KFC? Some of the other areas are a bit bare and I'm all for them to rip out the beach and build a new land. I could almost see a seaside theme as an extension of Amity.

I always take my hat off to the landscape work around Colossus they started with a flat island and the interaction with the crowd is far better than that of the smiler, Rita or 13.

It has some great headwear both flats and coasters and like others have said it's market is more thill due to the location. I'd like to see them rip out x walking/:nwo soon. It's a large waste of space and the shape of the building is limiting for them. That for me is a candidate for an immersive dark ride.

It does lack in dark rides and the cinema is also a space for a smaller dark ride potentially?

So all in this is how I compare Alton & Thorpe:
Coasters: T & A
Flats : T
Family : A
Theming: A & T
Food: T
Vibe: A & T (depends on mood)
Transport: T
Darks: A
Water: T
Parking: Neither
Entrance Experience: Neither (Alton could be good if they sorted out monorail)

Winner: Thorpe!

Ps love samurai colour theme: reminds me when it first opened at chessie. It's part of a new land for 25 throwback land ;-)

It has some great headwear both flats and coasters and like others have said it's market is more thill due to the location. I'd like to see them rip out x walking/:nwo soon. It's a large waste of space and the shape of the building is limiting for them. That for me is a candidate for an immersive dark ride.
I would suggest not getting rid of the walking dead, and maybe perhaps retheming it, to add a 1.2m ride and make a new dark ride in the ghost train

I was on flying fish yesterday (trying to ease some of my friends that have never been to a theme park before) and we were sitting in the carriage for a solid 10 minutes while talking to a woman on the other side of the fence. There was paperwork too?

Weird

Last edited:
I would suggest not getting rid of the walking dead, and maybe perhaps retheming it, to add a 1.2m ride and make a new dark ride in the ghost train
Changing the height requirement to 1.4m was not the best idea. Our boy is still a few centimeters from being able to ride this again, I say again as he was fine to ride it before it changed. We haven't ridden it since it changed to Walking Dead but assume the ride itself hasn't changed since it was X, so the change to 1.4m was just because of the theme?

Saw dosnt look like it will open today, engineers are standing on a car that stopped midway up the list looking at the lift
It is now open.

Changing the height requirement to 1.4m was not the best idea. Our boy is still a few centimeters from being able to ride this again, I say again as he was fine to ride it before it changed. We haven't ridden it since it changed to Walking Dead but assume the ride itself hasn't changed since it was X, so the change to 1.4m was just because of the theme?
I believe it was for the theme, although it can actually be quite scary, it is now essentially a small scaremaze with a rollercoaster in the middle of it, especially if they get actors in.
Thinking about it if they were to replace ghost train and retheme the walking dead, I think it would be a nice idea to replace storm surge with something like a shuttle like scream or an impulse coaster (if it would fit) and they could have a small area that is themed to those 3 rides

The theme was certainly an influencing factor in the height requirement.

I'd imagine Walking Dead being 1m like X was and Saw being 1.2m/1.25m like other Eurofighters if it weren't for the horror themes 🤔

Couple days at the park, was intended to be one and then a trip to chessy, but Hyperia has too much of a draw. The park itself is still very Thorpe, long queues and some odd guests. But it does look a little tidier in places. Big easy boulevard is rather forgettable, especially with detonator closed. Don’t get me wrong it looks a lot better than angry birds, but still feels like a missed opportunity with it being in such a prominent place in the park. The entrance procedure continues to be a major faff, with very poor organisation and a very bad first impression on guests, but honestly I don’t think Thorpes target market really gives a damn 😂.

They have took a step in the right direction, Hyperia is a fantastic addition and easily my UK no.1, but it now feels as that’s the only reason for me heading down there, and towers is starting to feel the same with Reborn. Universal can’t come soon enough.