• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Must have been to Thorpe near on 100 times and don't think I've ever heard a Scottish accent there.

Just one of those things that you never see in real life. Like a goth at a petrol station.
Incidentally, I don’t think I have either…

I’d be surprised if Thorpe Park gets that many Scottish visitors; Surrey is a long way from even the Scottish border, and Thorpe Park is not a national name on quite the same scale as, say, Alton Towers. Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Flamingo Land are a lot closer for Scots wanting a theme park fix.

Must have been to Thorpe near on 100 times and don't think I've ever heard a Scottish accent there.

Just one of those things that you never see in real life. Like a goth at a petrol station.
Incidentally, I don’t think I have either…

I’d be surprised if Thorpe Park gets that many Scottish visitors; Surrey is a long way from even the Scottish border, and Thorpe Park is not a national name on quite the same scale as, say, Alton Towers. Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Flamingo Land are a lot closer for Scots wanting a theme park fix.
Thorpe Park isn't a place that most Scots don't go to though I have known just two who have gone down. Interestingly enough, Hyperia has gotten many Scots starting to notice Thorpe more with many that I know who aren't theme park fans being tempted to head that far south to ride it...if it does work that is.

Three points.
1...There is a very hot goth who runs the tills at the local petrol station...but it is on the A666...so figures.
2...The Tartan Army invade the Pleasure Beach, I thought everyone knew that. Right now, the first two weeks in July is the official season, with the schoolkids.
3...This is all off topic, so once more I ask again, to avoid a whipping, stuff Hyperia, how are the kebabs this year?

Talking about a mismatch of themes with having Mr Monkey’s banana ride in between the ghost train and Nemesis inferno.
It's all a long term storyline for when they retheme ghost train to the curse of the golden banana! A group of apes that worshipped a volcano angered the volcano gods and became cursed when they took the golden banana. Now step aboard the jungle steam train and see what happens when the curse took over Mr monkey and his groups of banana eating friends.

It's all a long term storyline for when they retheme ghost train to the curse of the golden banana! A group of apes that worshipped a volcano angered the volcano gods and became cursed when they took the golden banana. Now step aboard the jungle steam train and see what happens when the curse took over Mr monkey and his groups of banana eating friends.
That would actually work as well 🤣😍

Went on a 'poper' visit for the first time in quite a while on Friday as my magical little girl is now tall enough for everything.

Every coaster I went on had a tannoy announcement demanding the staff pull their finger out "you have 10 seconds".

It annoyed me at first. But then I quickly realised that I was actually moving in a Thorpe queue line! None of the queue lines ever stopped! I'm not claiming Europa style operations here, but dare I say it, it almost felt like I was at Towers. Inferno was smashing trains out. Staff were screaming at you to undo your belts on Stealth like they do on Rita. They were running around the Brake Run station like maniacs (although they probably just wanted to go home as it was after park close).

The only exception was Swarm. They seemed in no hurry. Constant stacking and lolling around like it's Portadventura. This countdown thing maybe annoying, but at least it seems to be working.

Went on a 'poper' visit for the first time in quite a while on Friday as my magical little girl is now tall enough for everything.

Every coaster I went on had a tannoy announcement demanding the staff pull their finger out "you have 10 seconds".

It annoyed me at first. But then I quickly realised that I was actually moving in a Thorpe queue line! None of the queue lines ever stopped! I'm not claiming Europa style operations here, but dare I say it, it almost felt like I was at Towers. Inferno was smashing trains out. Staff were screaming at you to undo your belts on Stealth like they do on Rita. They were running around the Brake Run station like maniacs (although they probably just wanted to go home as it was after park close).

The only exception was Swarm. They seemed in no hurry. Constant stacking and lolling around like it's Portadventura. This countdown thing maybe annoying, but at least it seems to be working.
Operations have been very good at Thorpe recently, in my view. They were certainly very decent when I went last month, anyhow; Inferno was smashing trains out, Saw was operating as quickly as I've ever seen it go, and Stealth was also doing pretty well.

I find your experience on Swarm surprising, as I actually thought that that also seemed to be smashing the trains out on my last visit. My throughput timing for Swarm was nearly 1,100pph, and it seemed like little to no stacking was occurring. I rode it 3 times, and on all three, I either didn't stack or stacked for no longer than around 10 seconds!

Colossus was a bit mediocre, but I think that one is basically a lost cause as long as it still has those awful trains and restraints. The staff on there were still trying their hardest, and were being very helpful by offering to take bags to prevent you from needing to cross the train.

If you don't mind me asking @Matt.GC, how did you find Hyperia, as one of its more vocal critics during the construction process?