• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They should replace the angel of death in ghost train with rod serling.

Oh, it’s actually Château Lafite 1869. I don’t settle for the cheap stuff.

I haven’t been to Thorpe this year but have heard, and read on here, that there’s a delay in the opening of the gates on Swarm these days.

When I used to work on Swarm, we were actually told to open the gates as soon as the train parks. We got great throughputs and the trains rarely stacked.

Does anyone know if this has changed and, if so, what the reason for this change is? Swarm is one of the few coasters out there where it’s super easy to get good throughputs without really having to try.

I'd imagine the chaos that those station layouts lend to probably resulted in something.

Factor in accessibility side where wheelchairs enter from the front of the station and have to park all the way at the back of it.

I haven’t been to Thorpe this year but have heard, and read on here, that there’s a delay in the opening of the gates on Swarm these days.

When I used to work on Swarm, we were actually told to open the gates as soon as the train parks. We got great throughputs and the trains rarely stacked.

Does anyone know if this has changed and, if so, what the reason for this change is? Swarm is one of the few coasters out there where it’s super easy to get good throughputs without really having to try.

The Swarm no longer has a bag drop, and bags are left on the platform. I imagine that'll be the main reason why airgates aren't opened straight away anymore.

Maybe it would be a good idea to open the bag drop on peak days, similar to Smiler and Thirteen.

I assumed this was old signage they are selling off?
No, I don't believe this logo has been seen before, the mugs below the neon sign also have the same new logo. The "O" on the infinity style looks pretty much identical to the style of the new logo at a glance. Which suggests they've reincorporated the infinity logo into the new brand after criticism of the initial rebrand.

Why is detonator still down for maintenance? its seems odd a newly themed ride to be down for maintenance for so long.
It opened at around 3pm on Friday, after testing on and off all morning, and has been running since. I mentioned it on the Discord but not here, I presumed someone else would have done so and was a little distracted generally attempting to enjoy a day out at Thorpe.

Has Rumba Rapids been closed permanently now? I just looked on the app and it’s nowhere to be seen.
Looking at the queue times, it’s closed at the moment, but is merely opening at 1pm and operating an “adult needed” policy during school trip season. It was certainly there when I just looked at the queue times, anyway.

Looking at the queue times, it’s closed at the moment, but is merely opening at 1pm and operating an “adult needed” policy during school trip season. It was certainly there when I just looked at the queue times, anyway.
It’s long after 1pm now though and Rumba is still nowhere to be seen on the list of queue times on the app, although it does still appear on the map, which is strange.

I assume that this must just be an app issue. Or it could be that they don’t want to actively promote it due to all the school trips and the abuse that the staff must get for the Adult Required rule.

In all honestly, it really needs to be removed. Currently a waste of space for everyone.

It’s long after 1pm now though and Rumba is still nowhere to be seen on the list of queue times on the app, although it does still appear on the map, which is strange.

I assume that this must just be an app issue. Or it could be that they don’t want to actively promote it due to all the school trips and the abuse that the staff must get for the Adult Required rule.

In all honestly, it really needs to be removed. Currently a waste of space for everyone.

If you click on the ride via the map as opposed to the queue tab it’s showing as open and you can see the queue time.

I suspect that you are right when you say they are most likely actively removing it from the queue tab to discourage school trip guests noticing the ride and attempting to join the queue.

IMG_7028.jpeg

If you click on the ride via the map as opposed to the queue tab it’s showing as open and you can see the queue time.

I suspect that you are right when you say they are most likely actively removing it from the queue tab to discourage school trip guests noticing the ride and attempting to join the queue.

IMG_7028.jpeg
Which does beg the question if should the ride even be there.

It requires at least 10 staff to run, requires all sorts of supervision and they seem to think of it as a liability these days, definitely something which wasn’t at all the case 15-20 years ago.

I think it’s time for it to go, and something like a water coaster to be added in its place. Let’s be honest, it’s not been great ever since it changed from Thunder River.

With the reliability issues of Rumba Rapids, Tidal Wave and Storm Surge (more so the former two), I definitely think a new modern water ride is needed to replace one of those rides.

I went on Fjord Rafting at Europa Park recently and to be honest, Rumba Rapids is a shadow of what the ride can do.