• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

So last Monday I visited Thorpe, the park are definitely struggling with engineers at the moment, so many rides were “scheduled late opening” and you could see them moving from ride to ride to get them opening, with Flying fish being the last to open at about 2pm.

All the ride staff were all just stood outside ride entrances so it wasn’t cost cutting I don’t think.

So, from what I've seen from a reliable member on another forum, the late openings on certain rides aren't budget cut related and they're actually using time on off peak days to further train staff, mainly engineers. This explains why the rides are still staffed (no cost cutting) and you've seen the engineers going ride to ride.

Normally this can only be done during closed season or with only 1 or 2 staff at a time, so think they're just testing the waters to see if its a better way for them to train staff with limited notable guest feedback.

I've just read this article on Blooloop which is an interview with the park's marketing and commercial directors which is an interesting perspective on what's going on at Thorpe Park.

There is a bit at the end teasing a potential RMC coaster and acknowledging enthusiast's desire for one of those to be at Thorpe Park.

It seems like it is a possibility that may be the next coaster behind Swarm Island could very well be that Hybrid coaster we've wanted for years. Whether it happens may be a different matter.

So, from what I've seen from a reliable member on another forum, the late openings on certain rides aren't budget cut related and they're actually using time on off peak days to further train staff, mainly engineers. This explains why the rides are still staffed (no cost cutting) and you've seen the engineers going ride to ride.

Normally this can only be done during closed season or with only 1 or 2 staff at a time, so think they're just testing the waters to see if its a better way for them to train staff with limited notable guest feedback.
It just seems if they plan to close rides and open them late they need to be more honest, the website has no info on it and you arrive to just see “scheduled late opening” on flying fish, detonator, Zodiac, depth charge, walking dead, bumper cars, with no actual clue as to when they’ll open, other then later. I tweeted them and just got told to check the app. Of course the app just have them all as open 10-17, when I questioned this I got told to check the app.

It’s fine as it was quite but you do just find yourself walking around for rides actually open, then for a company which seems to love saving money, having 4 staff stood outside the dodgems just chatting for hours on end is a waste of money? Same with all the other closed rides.

It just seems if they plan to close rides and open them late they need to be more honest, the website has no info on it and you arrive to just see “scheduled late opening” on flying fish, detonator, Zodiac, depth charge, walking dead, bumper cars, with no actual clue as to when they’ll open, other then later. I tweeted them and just got told to check the app. Of course the app just have them all as open 10-17, when I questioned this I got told to check the app.

It’s fine as it was quite but you do just find yourself walking around for rides actually open, then for a company which seems to love saving money, having 4 staff stood outside the dodgems just chatting for hours on end is a waste of money? Same with all the other closed rides.

Yeah I completely agree. They do now update in the app, if you click on the individual ride it'll tell you what time it opens rather than just showing 10-5, but it would still be better to post in advance on the ride availability page.

Its a poor first impression too when you've got ghost train opening at 12 everyday and Hyperia opening late a lot of the time.

Its far from ideal but its good to see it isn't budget cut related at least.

The island behind swarm is perfect for an RMC and they could use interactions with the water to make it even better. I can certainly see another large coaster in the next five years, I just hope the next is longer than Hyperia.

I think Thorpe has had a great year overall, if they can pull off Halloween mazes well I'd say probably the best Merlin park in the country.

The island behind swarm is perfect for an RMC and they could use interactions with the water to make it even better. I can certainly see another large coaster in the next five years, I just hope the next is longer than Hyperia.

I think Thorpe has had a great year overall, if they can pull off Halloween mazes well I'd say probably the best Merlin park in the country.
I imagine a wildcats revenge scale RMC would be perfect for the island behind swarm

So assuming this is correct what I've been sent, how does this work? If I book to sleep on one of those dates the theme park is actually closed the morning I wake up at the shark ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240918_160336_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240918_160336_Outlook.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 32
Yep that is correct, I've done this in the past.

On the 13th Oct and 3rd Nov you'll get unlimited fast track all day the day you arrive as the park is closed the following day, if you stay on 16th (park closed) you'll get the all day fast track following day on the 17th.

It also includes maze access between 3pm-6pm so its a great deal.

Yep that is correct, I've done this in the past.

On the 13th Oct and 3rd Nov you'll get unlimited fast track all day the day you arrive as the park is closed the following day, if you stay on 16th (park closed) you'll get the all day fast track following day on the 17th.

It also includes maze access between 3pm-6pm so its a great deal.
Ah thank you, it doesn't state anything about FT on the booking page only about the scare mazes entry