• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Was considering visiting tomorrow but it’s almost 1130 and half the rides aren’t open yet today. Don’t think it’s weather as Stealth, Swarm and Colossus are open.

they do have planned maintenance for both Hyperia and Saw today

but not sure why inferno and TWD are closed :(

StealthClosed on the 18th September
HyperiaClosed between 23rd - 27th September for maintenance
Nemesis InfernoClosed on the 30th September - 3rd October
SamuraiClosed on the 7th - 9th October
HyperiaMay be a delay to opening each day and the queue line will close prior to the advertised park closure time - please check the app for the most up to date information
Saw: The RideClosed Monday 23rd September

They had a crane in "fearless valley" the other day and I spotted several workers on the platform below the lift crest. No idea what was going on though.

Elsewhere, good news for the people missing Rumba Rapids (all 2 of them), it looks like Thorpe are working on a short-term replacement, hopefully opening pretty soon:

Attachments

• 1000006572.jpg
    1000006572.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 77
The beach would be perfect for an events space and a mack power splash.

I feel a large coaster would ruin the skyline if placed there, plus idk how the park would manage crowds that close to the entrance.

A mack power splash, on the other hand, only has the two spikes being super visible, and stays on theme with the amity section. Idk if it's possible but the ride could also have an option to not get riders wet during colder periods.

The beach would be perfect for an events space and a mack power splash.

I feel a large coaster would ruin the skyline if placed there, plus idk how the park would manage crowds that close to the entrance.

A mack power splash, on the other hand, only has the two spikes being super visible, and stays on theme with the amity section. Idk if it's possible but the ride could also have an option to not get riders wet during colder periods.
I feel like removing the beach would just make the park too overwhelming, they need some open spaces and the beach is a perfect entrance into the park

What's the point in a Power Splash in the same park as Tidal Wave?

Apart from the final (adjustable) splashdown, which isn't on the scale of Tidal Wave's, they're completely different ride experiences.

Despite an enormous queue, I enjoyed Pulsar quite a bit. The suspense of it gradually building up speed is very crowd pleasing. I do recall that the towers themselves made a hell of a racket whenever the boats reach the top.

Apart from the final (adjustable) splashdown, which isn't on the scale of Tidal Wave's, they're completely different ride experiences.

Despite an enormous queue, I enjoyed Pulsar quite a bit. The suspense of it gradually building up speed is very crowd pleasing. I do recall that the towers themselves made a hell of a racket whenever the boats reach the top.
Also you don't get *that* wet, so it's perfect for a UK park.

What's the point in a Power Splash in the same park as Tidal Wave?
I think a PowerSplash would be an ideal Tidal Wave replacement when the time comes.

I think a regular (or launched like Plohn) water coaster or a flume is more likely at the moment as a PowerSplash and Tidal Wave might not be able to co-exist as well as a less soaking water ride (even if the splashdown is adjustable).