• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The problem lies in that the ride system is an extremely expensive way to simulate something pretty boring. Because it was designed with the idea of VR carrying the attraction it just feels weird without it, however the VR was awful so the whole thing just doesn't work. Needs to be removed and replaced with a more standard dark ride imo, probably not the highest priority though.

If they were to remove it, with the target audience (teenagers/young adults) I think a perfect alternative would be an omnimover / TCCAM ride system style shooter high through put, if done using well themed sets it could be a very good, reridable ride.

if there isn't enough space they could install one of the new mack shooting spinning thing

whilst a shooting ride isn't a proper dark ride (I consider a dark rides main purpose to be telling a story, but a shooting ride is mainly about scoring the highest score) I think it would be a good fit.

Toy Story mania is my favourite in the "shooting" category. IMHO VR has failed on every ride - Air/Galactica (didn't need it, great ride), Drop of Doom (6FMM - more scary without the VR).

Did Ghost Train once and won't bother again. Novelty value (like Sub-Terra) but I'd prefer AT Cine 2000 to either. (That's how old I am!)