• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Stealth is now down for maintenance! So thats samurai, colossus and slammer! Hope they are going to sort this in time for fright nights!

Maybe they are doing things now to try and get them ready for the duration of Fright Nights as they know every ride is going to be crucial for crowds.

Yea that what i was just thinking, sorting out any problems now why it is quiet that could cause downtime during fright nights. Anyone know why colossus is down?

They seem to be working on a support/footer in the pond of eternal stench, which is quite an unusual thing mid season I think.

Where does one register this thing for Fright Nights?

So much effort to visit isn't it? And I'm not even going on a weekend or half term...

http://www.thorpepark.com/frightnights/

The event page is quite hidden...

http://www.thorpepark.com/frightnights/ ... entry.aspx

This is the form your looking for, if you have a Premium Pass...

Love, how you have described registering your visit to Fright Nights... :)

I think there only doing it so they know for fact how many people are likely to turn up, so they don't go overboard. As in year's gone by I think they let the park reach capacity, now I think they must have lowered this figure slightly...

Disappointment Scroller said:
Samurai and Colossus are currently unavailable...Stealth is currently undergoing essential maintenance...

This will fill people with joy, I was meant to be going on Monday we'll see what Sunday night says... :(

Well to me this wording on the Thorpe website means premium annual passes can only visit for 1 free fright night?: Remember, you only get one entry per Annual Pass so each person must fill in the form separately!

What are people's views on the trend being set of charging extra for some mazes? Yes it may well only be 1 maze at Thorpe but it's the principle.

I for 1 do not like it and can see it becoming a future trend, premium passes should at least be given 1 free ticket to visit the passing, anymore you are charged for.

It strikes me as a way to force pass-holders to pay extra for all of the reduced price tickets around, I mean £24 a ticket! really :eek: Okay Merlin maybe you should charge extra for all of the mazes but not force pass-holders to pay more to subsidize tickets of those that are paying a reduced rate!

The same with Alton's mazes, you should be allowed 1 free ticket each for each maze any additional times and you get charged.

I mean after all, the benefits of having premium passes this year have dramatically dropped, we never used the passes at London during August, but Thorpe blast removed? and lots of Legoland events stopped! Chessington's Halloween event cut back with not much fright wise granted kids based, the premium passes with this in mind should at least give free maze access to all mazes to make up for the cutbacks and ideally should let you print off a reserved ticket free for every Merlin event but if you don't go you get a charge to stop you from just booking unless something stops you going.

Thorpe Park

Currently at Thorpe, Colossus and Stealth down. So queues for SAW and Swarm are between 70 to 90mins! The flat rides seem to be coping well with the queues, around 10 mins for each.

Thankfully the park isn't that busy today, well from what I can tell. :p

All it means is...

If you have a family Merlin Premium pass for instance each member of the family needs to fill out the form for each Annual Pass card you have...

Rather than enter only one of the cards details on the website, and expect to get 4 people in on the one booking...

There are not limiting Premium pass holders to visit Fright Nights only once... ???

Lottie. said:
Currently at Thorpe, Colossus and Stealth down. So queues for SAW and Swarm are between 70 to 90mins! The flat rides seem to be coping well with the queues, around 10 mins for each.

Not Busy! 70 to 90mins Queues sounds busy to me!

If these are the queues when it's the middle of the week, no holidays or anything, is there ever actually a good time to go?

BigAl said:
If these are the queues when it's the middle of the week, no holidays or anything, is there ever actually a good time to go?

During the week when its raining :) went to Thorpe in April on a Wednesday why it was raining and everything was either a walk on or 10min queue!

It's only because several rides are down.

The capacity of this new maze is going to be extremely low so this is way they are having a charge (or so they say).

Personally, I was expecting a charge for all mazes this year.

Matty said:
Lottie. said:

Not Busy! 70 to 90mins Queues sounds busy to me!

Only cause two of the big rides are down today, so people are heading over to the other three. Forgot to mention that Nemesis Inferno queue was around 45 mins so not all bad! I did also mean that in the sense that there weren't that many people in the park! :)

However, I noticed that Fastrack wasn't being used much today, there will still the odd person here and there. But I think most people saw some sense and saved their money, so queues were bearable today, even on the bigger rides!

Also saw a couple of guys bringing planks of wood into the Curse maze tent, assuming this is flooring?

My issue with Thorpe charging for a maze is they already charge people more to go into the park during fright nights which obviously Towers don't do. But now they also want to charge for a maze.

So at Thorpe you pay extra to get in, pay for one maze and get 3 free mazes.

At Towers you pay standard (though expensive) price to get in, 1 very long free maze, 2 paid mazes, 1free scare zone and free children's events.

Towers event which I think is too expensive seems a bit better value now.

45 minutes? 70-90 minutes?

God I hate Thorpe... Not looking forward to tomorrow at all... Why do none of their target market like going to school and letting us people who are finished a chance?

I miss living in Staffordshire now...

Oh dear lord. I would say queues are comfortable, at a push, when they're 30-45 minutes. Anything more and the ride experience doesn't compensate for the boredom and frustration of a queueline.

Thorpe are a victim of their own success, and in parts, greed. A park with such a small footprint and large guest volumes is always going to struggle when two or more filler/coasters are unavailable - there just isn't the physical space to redistribute the bodies from those theoretical queues and ride cycles.

Fast track is, or at least was, hideously oversold, leading to much extended queues for your average Joe wanting to hold onto their hard earned pennies.

Thorpe desperately need high capacity, RELIABLE filler flats. I beg of Merlin to replace Samurai and Slammer with hardware which is fit for purpose in such a thrill orientated park.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

On Monday the only issue was Inferno which was running one train all day, I guess this was a technical problem as there was a sign near the entrance telling you it was on reducded capacity. As far as im aware all other rides opened with all the trains (Stealth, Swarm and Colosus certainly did).

In other news I forgot to post on Monday about frightnights. One marquee is up on the beach (left hand side from the dome) with lots of activity inside, but the other beach is currently empty. No sign of anything at the arena. But interesting there was lots of activity in the X No way out/Hellgates building. There was an events van there with various things on the floor such as lights and loads of new wood, plus old painted wood. So to me that seems like the new maze will be in that building this year.