• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Eddie said:
JB1985 said:
The other forum has a rumor posted about a Swarm based dark ride for 2013 - anyone heard about this?

What's the "other" forum, Towers Times? Thorpe Park Mania? or something else?

On topic, I'm not sure what to think, I hope it isn't like Sub Terra...

Off Topic :- Towers Times,and chill out with the seriousness I was having a bit of a joke!

On Topic:- I can certainly see some sort of SWARM tie in, seems very, well, Merlinesque to be honest. I cannot see a N:ST style attraction being installed so the Vengeance type ride rumor fits. But where would they have the room to install such a large dark ride and the budget? And throughput would be poor

I can see Thorpe getting a very minor ride next year and I cant see it going anywhere near Swarm, it would cost alot of money to build a ride near Swarm as there is nothing there already.

I can see Thorpe either getting nothing or getting something minor such as a new flat ride or something in the Saw Alive or Time voyagers building. We havnt seen any kind of planning permission yet so it cant be anything major.

Thorpe is screaming out for a dark ride. This is why Alton still remains superior. Adding a dark ride would give Thorpe some 'character' and that's what they should look at before they try to become a resort. And get the flats fixed up, too.

Dark rides aren't really in Thorpe's remit though, they're all about the thrills. Unless they aim for the same sort of thing as Sub Terra, trying for all out scares, then I can't see it being that popular, and realistically if they're going to pour a few million into a new scare attraction, they might as well put the money into SAW: Alive.

Thorpe Park

As I see it, a dark ride is necessary to give the park a full complement of basic theme park attraction types (unless you count my lovely X:\, they've been a good 10 years or so without one), but the park's now in this interesting hole with their latest marketing overhaul: rides can only be marketed in an in-your-face RAAARGGGH IT'S TERRIFYING way, even if the ride in question is a sedate monstrosity of a dinghy slide... Surely this is going to give very little variety when developing new attraction themes!

X No Way Out could be so much more, even if they just turned the trains around and added some amazing internal theming and effects.

Dave said:
X No Way Out could be so much more, even if they just turned the trains around and added some amazing internal theming and effects.

This!

Or remove X:/ No Way Out and Storm Surge, and use that space for a dark ride.

Thing is if it wasn't for all the stopping and starting, X would be a great ride. Honestly.

I wish they would play its proper theme song too.

Thorpe Park

Jeez, Thorpe are having no luck with their maintenance this year are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Looks like they are fixing as much as possible ready for fright nights! If any of the major rides go down during fright nights then it would be nightmare!

Got to remember slammer and samurai are still down with samurai not returning till next year and its not looking good for slammer! So they are 2 rides down for fright nights already!

Thorpe Park

Is TP worth visiting for someone who has only been once before, on that dreadful Annual Pass Preview Day, at the moment?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

T said:
Is TP worth visiting for someone who has only been once before, on that dreadful Annual Pass Preview Day, at the moment?

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went last Friday, the queues weren't too bad for most things, with only Saw and Colossus having one hour queues. I'd say go to see The Swarm, but only go if you currently hold an annual pass, as the place is a tad too busy for a decent decent day if you get what I mean?

"The agency managed the launch of the Storm Surge ride." That went well, then.

I don't know why Merlin don't have their own in house PR team. The PR experience I've had with Thorpe Park has been incredibly negative - I wanted to go to the park to do a podcast from there, and they declined saying they had too much to do. Chessington, on the other hand, where extremely accommodating and polite.

Thorpe don't do enthusiasts, Chessington very much do. Towers blows hot and cold. It's odd because nearly every other major park in the world embrace enthusiasts.

TP's marketing just doesn't seem to work that well.

Storm Surge, well that was frankly a joke. And The Swarm has failed to bring in the guests.