• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Does it not need to be separate from the front seated car of a train. For example, Big Dipper doesn’t have a zero car because its first axle is not located on a separate non-seated car. And Alpengheist has wheels on its zero car but they’re not strictly needed to support the train.

Would a zero car need to be:

- separated from the front of a seated car
- have wheels
- be connected to the rest of the train and articulated

Can you have a zero car if it’s at the back?? It surely doesn’t really make sense to call it a zero car then.

Does it not need to be separate from the front seated car of a train. For example, Big Dipper doesn’t have a zero car because its first axle is not located on a separate non-seated car. And Alpengheist has wheels on its zero car but they’re not strictly needed to support the train.

Would a zero car need to be:

- separated from the front of a seated car
- have wheels
- be connected to the rest of the train and articulated

Can you have a zero car if it’s at the back?? It surely doesn’t really make sense to call it a zero car then.
Yeah a zero car is always separate from the front passenger car. Trains where the front of a car hooks into the back bogie of the car have a zero car for the front passenger car to hook into.

Trains which only have 1 set of wheels per car always need a extra bogie( zero car if you will) at either the front or rear of the train depending on where the car wheels are mounted

Had a day on park yesterday , fab as no ques and we were even being asked to stay on rides if we wanted too.

What on earth is this ghost train bit all about when you stand with the staff member and do the code...yes they had it last year...yet still using it...its truly embarrassing and very annoying.

Mostly good operations wise, rush only on one swing ( didn't feel as high), depth charge closed and stealth most of day one car same with the 10 looper.

Samurai looks painful to watch, yet at least its running rather than sbno. It was a ok ride yesterday yet I think in general the flats are showing their ages across the park.

Does anyone know why zodiac and Indeed enterprise at AT doesn't stay up vertical anymore? Was this a manufacturer guideline ? They use to stay up didn't they, now they barely make it and go straight back down !

What on earth is this ghost train bit all about when you stand with the staff member and do the code...yes they had it last year...yet still using it...its truly embarrassing and very annoying.
Was that the preshow just before you go into the train hall? Had no idea it was there but thought the actress was excellent

Yes the bit after the DB bit. It really is awful! Well in my view
Yeah the idea isn't great and it doesn't need to be there, but I personally thought the actress did a good job. Was quite funny actually. Maybe I just got lucky?
Although I don't remember anyone being asked for the code later on. 🙃

Last edited:
Just realised that I haven't ranked Thorpe's coasters, so here we are;

1. Colossus
2. Stealth
3. TWD: TR
4. Inferno
5. Swarm
6. Saw
7. Flying Fish

Also, not seen this before?

Screenshot_20220503-135306_Thorpe_Park2.jpg
Edit: may be because You Me At Six are on-park today!

Last edited:
What do you say after getting off a rough Eurofighter?
I'm feeling a bit Saw after that.
seriouscatcover.jpg

Rode Quantum during my recent visit and regret doing so as it was much slower, shorter and less intense than I remember it being when I rode it 9 years ago. Apparently it's on that slow cycle to prolong its lifespan, like Samurai. I do regret not riding the latter on the other hand though. Could we see one or both being replaced in the near future?

Also, Shaun mentioned in his recent vlog that he thinks an Intamin Gyroswing (perhaps with lap bars like Loke at Liseberg) would be a good replacement for Saw Alive on its respective site. I actually think that is a really good idea. Would enable them to retire Vortex (essentially what Liseberg did, ironically)and add something new on that site too.

Last edited: