• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

We were inside for over half an hour at Oktoberfest.

People looked so bored in the "Gift Shop".

I've seen lead ballons go down better than this.

There's a lot of negative reviews from the general public on google about Ghost Train...

The ride is clunky, they spend so much time explaining pointless things that don’t mean anything to then have no scares. Also, if a cult left on the last train, people would not go to the church. They’d still use the train line. And why must we know that the leader of the cult was an ex-army man?
And none of this story really does anything to the plot. (Yes, I went before the ‘script revision’, which may be nothing if I’m going to believe Sean evans of lift hills and thrills)
It needs to do more scaring. I wouldn’t care about the plot if there were good effects, scares, and scenes.
It is very obvious the ride needed the VR sections to function, fundamentally. I’m not saying it was good, but it was at least a competent experience when it worked

We were inside for over half an hour at Oktoberfest.

People looked so bored in the "Gift Shop".

I've seen lead ballons go down better than this.

Same experience here at Oktoberfest. It was honestly the most entertaining part of the attraction, watching how disappointed and bored everyone was.

I just wanted to post quickly as I visited Thorpe for the first time in a very long time this weekend and was really surprised by the transformation the park has undergone, especially with regard to Fright Nights.

Mazes wise, I was very unipressed with Survival Games.
Is being shouted at by a teenager to get on the ground and bark like a dog meant to be scary?
All of my group thought the same. I didn't feel particularly short changed on actors so I guess it's a very marmite attraction based on if you're intimidated by the actors or not. Ex10 did it better!

Trailers was good, it felt a similar standard to Thorpe mazes of old such as Curse and Se7en so we had fun.

Stitches. Wow! I don't know if we had a particularly good run through but this was absolutely terrifying and up there with the likes of The Sanctuary and Asylum as one of my favourite scare mazes. The set design is very impressive.
I still don't quite understand how there was a multistorey room in that tent...
The scares have been really well thought out too with the finale being incredibly effective.
The creepy punch and judy distraction from the bungee scare was also incredible

Parkwise, I love the atmosphere of Lucifers Lair in the Dockyard (?) and the additions that mean that the day isn't just a slog from one coaster to another. The park no longer taking the areas so seriously has been beneficial to the overall park vibe.

What can I say, I was really impressed by the changes that have been made and genuinely had one of my best days at Thorpe Park. With the addition of Hyperia and continuation of quality events I would hope that the park is turning a corner.