• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Staffordshire Sandwich: 24-26 August 2013

Little update, i should be here for sat and sun with my dearest Stephanie. We're looking at possibly booking a stay at the same travel lodge for the friday night. Would anyone be able to come pick us up from the travel lodge to take us to AT on the sat morning? :)

Now my days got mixed up, here's why.

As I'm on a coach trip with David Urguhart, I was with them last time I went down to AT, I'll be leaving Scotland and arriving at Stoke on the 24th, our day trip at the park takes on the 25th, missing the rest of you lot who are away at Drayton. :(

However, on the 26th, we get a half day at the park so it should be possible to meet up with you lot, just need a time and place where about.

Also, I'm bringing two of my friends, one who is has a love of forrest themed areas ( ;)) and one who will be his first trip to a theme park (scared of heights, even though I told him all of AT's rides are built into the ground.)

Despite this slight set back, it should be worth while to at least see you guys. :)

I'm hoping to attend the entire meet with my hubby (Gand).

So far I've met badlydrawnkelbel, Pixie_Ro and TheMan but I'm looking forward to meeting some others. None of those can attend anyway, and I really want to get more involved if possbile :D

I'll hopefully be staying over somewhere for the duration, as I finish my current job on 22nd August and don't start my new one until 2nd September. We will be travelling down from Lancashire so if we can give anyone a lift either from up here or to/from hotels/parks we will have 2/3 spaces in our car depending on which car we take.

Can't wait ;D

Rowe said:
After much consideration, I've decided to pull out of this meet despite originally writing myself down as a 'maybe'. I hope everybody attending has a lovely time experiencing total family entertainment and Britain's most magical Resort! :p

:( I was hoping to meet the "Friendliest meet member" on my first proper meet!

Edit: Oops! Sorry for the double post!

Mankey topic=2231.msg82072#msg82072 date=1375571327 said:
Little update, i should be here for sat and sun with my dearest Stephanie. We're looking at possibly booking a stay at the same travel lodge for the friday night. Would anyone be able to come pick us up from the travel lodge to take us to AT on the sat morning? :)

YOU'RE BRINGING STEPHANIE?! But I was hoping we could share a romantic night in Travelodge again! :(

I thought you loved me :'(

On a more serious note, I hope to be there for at least Saturday and Sunday, and possibly Monday, work permitting. If anyone has any accommodation going cheap it'd be good to hear. Failing that I'll just stop at home and drive to and from the parks.

I'll should be booking our hotel today, should be the Rugley TL. So I provide 2 people lifts if required, in total this will be 5 in a car, so someone will have to sit in the middle, if anyone wants the last 2 seats.

Ian said:
YOU'RE BRINGING STEPHANIE?! But I was hoping we could share a romantic night in Travelodge again! :(

Who said you weren't invited? ;)

Mankey said:
Ian said:

Who said you weren't invited? ;)
I suspect he was after a touch more exclusivity ;)

:p

Unfortunately I won't be at this meet, as I will be working throughout the bank holiday weekend :(. Have a great time though :)

I'm now a 'maybe' about this, owing to other plans™.

Would like to do at least the bank holiday Monday at Towers - whether or not I do Drayton depends on availability of accommodation for the Sunday night in Stafford/Rugeley.

It doesn't seem like there's going to be much of an evening sosche given everyone is staying all over the place :(

Unfortunately due to circumstances at home/work etc. I won't be attending this meet. Hope everyone has a lovely time! :)

All booked! Me, Stephanie, Ian King (some of you may remember him) and his lass will be driving up to enjoy the weekend. Might stay monday too, but we'll see. We've got the hotel booked for the extra day to take some stress off for the journey home, so if we fancy a return we can! ;)

We're staying at Stafford Central Travel Lodge! :D

Hough Retail Park ftw! ;)

See you all soon! :D Excited! :D

djtruefitt said:
Does anyone know what the cheapest way is to get into Drayton? Online, or are there any vouchers around?

Online is best at £20 through Drayton's website. Seems there are no group bookings, so no bonus there.
Other option would be Tesco Clubcard, would cost you £10 in Clubcard Vouchers.

Due to my parents deciding to leave the one car I can drive in Cornwall for a couple of weeks (CBA to explain), I will now be needing transport on the Saturday and the Monday if I can turn up.

From my house in Biddulph, north of Stoke-on-Trent, to Towers and back. It's unlikely that I'll be able to go (I've been banned from Towers until I finish unpacking everything in my room at the very least :p), but if I can, then a lift would be good. Can't do Drayton, unfortunately, as I'm being dragged off elsewhere that day.

Just wondering, but for those travelling by train, is anyone getting the service that arrives at Uttoxeter just before 9? (From Stoke)

Also is anyone offering a lift back to Uttoxeter train station? I've heard horror stories of the first bus after park closing and I kinda wanna avoid it...

TedTheHuman said:
Just wondering, but for those travelling by train, is anyone getting the service that arrives at Uttoxeter just before 9? (From Stoke)

Also is anyone offering a lift back to Uttoxeter train station? I've heard horror stories of the first bus after park closing and I kinda wanna avoid it...

I'll be arriving at Uttox at 5 past 9 (from Derby)....

The bus IS that bad :(

Can anyone offer me a lift from the station on Monday? (Either 08:06 or 09:05) I'll owe you...

TedTheHuman said:

I could give you a lift to the station I suppose ;)

pritchardavid said:
TedTheHuman said:

I could give you a lift to the station I suppose ;)

You'd be an absolute star if you would Pritchard! My train leaves at 19:07 so plenty of time after park closing =)