• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Staffordshire Sandwich: 24-26 August 2013

TedTheHuman said:
pritchardavid said:
TedTheHuman said:
Just wondering, but for those travelling by train, is anyone getting the service that arrives at Uttoxeter just before 9? (From Stoke)

Also is anyone offering a lift back to Uttoxeter train station? I've heard horror stories of the first bus after park closing and I kinda wanna avoid it...

I could give you a lift to the station I suppose ;)

You'd be an absolute star if you would Pritchard! My train leaves at 19:07 so plenty of time after park closing =)

You better hope were not in a long queue for the Smiler at the end of the day, could go past that time waiting!
Park close at 6. So if we enter the queue not much earlier than that, could be leaving the park past 7. I was hoping your train would be later than that. :(
I don't get down to the Towers as often as I like, so I would like to spend as much time possible on park plus making the most of it. And defo want a ride on the Smiler at the end of the day when it is at it fastest!
Sorry if that sounds bad!, so I would say it's a yes depending on what time we leave park to get you to the station on time.

Jonathan said:
From my house in Biddulph, north of Stoke-on-Trent, to Towers and back. It's unlikely that I'll be able to go (I've been banned from Towers until I finish unpacking everything in my room at the very least :p), but if I can, then a lift would be good. Can't do Drayton, unfortunately, as I'm being dragged off elsewhere that day.
If you can get to chell roundabout I can pick you up

What are the plans for Saturday and Sunday after the parks are closed? Anyone going for a meal/drink or anything like that?

Don't think there are any plans, but Spoons in Cheadle isn't too bad. Just a shame its in Cheadle really.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

As I'm only coming on the Sunday and I haven't been to Drayton Manor in about 12/13 years I was wondering what the food choices are like on park? Are there any particularly healthy places to eat or is it mainly fast food outlets? :)

They have the same sort of outlets as Towers really. Chicken, burgers, pizzas pasta, fish and chips, etc. They don't really have any proper sit down restaurants like Woodcutters inside the park though.

Their pie and mash place is rather nice though :)

Ian said:
They have the same sort of outlets as Towers really. Chicken, burgers, pizzas pasta, fish and chips, etc. They don't really have any proper sit down restaurants like Woodcutters inside the park though.

Their pie and mash place is rather nice though :)

Urgh, no where healthy ftl. Thanks anyway :)

AshleeKel said:
What are the plans for Saturday and Sunday after the parks are closed? Anyone going for a meal/drink or anything like that?
If not, hopefully we/someone can sort out something

I believe there are a fair few people staying at Rugeley TL, so if not we might be able to sort out something there, if nothing happens.

Edit: Burton upon Trent seems the best place, has a Harvester and a Beefeater. Depends really where everyone is staying after

Short notice, but if anybody could offer me a lift to Uttox on Sat and Mon I'd be very much grateful. :*
I'm not too fussed about the time, just so long I can get home! :)

Panda said:
Short notice, but if anybody could offer me a lift to Uttox on Sat and Mon I'd be very much grateful. :*
I'm not too fussed about the time, just so long I can get home! :)

Pritchard offer me a lift to Uttoxeter on Saturday providing we all leave at the 6 o'clock closing time, I'm sure he will offer you if he can =)

pritchardavid said:
AshleeKel said:
If not, hopefully we/someone can sort out something

I believe there are a fair few people staying at Rugeley TL, so if not we might be able to sort out something there, if nothing happens.

Edit: Burton upon Trent seems the best place, has a Harvester and a Beefeater. Depends really where everyone is staying after

My hubby and I, along with a couple of others are staying in Burton upon Trent in the Hilton. If there are meals/drinks/anything social happening within a reasonable distance I'd be up for it. I'd love to meet people and get involved!

I will be picking Panda up at Uttox on Monday morning. If anyone else needs a lift I have got room for a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Russ said:
I will be picking Panda up at Uttox on Monday morning. If anyone else needs a lift I have got room for a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

On the Saturday I will take Russ's duty and can ferry to and from uttox, have one person coming to the park an non for the way back so allot of spare seats.

We also need to remember to take a group photo on each of the days! Saturday we are thinking somewhere towards the farm/storybook land (as we haven't got long left!), then Sunday can be anywhere really at Drayton.

Good idea Mike. I've not been in a group photo yet and this is one I want to be in.

Hey guys, just realised I'm at Alton anyway on 24th with family/friends. I've never been to a meet before but If I see you guys, I might tag around for a bit or something. I will most likely be wearing a red/white lumberjack style shirt & a grey hoodie, probs be wearing some wooden bracelet things too. I'm 16, so If there's no one close to my age I might not, but I will keep an eye out for any "enthusiast talk" or a group of people faffing. ;)

Blizzard said:
Hey guys, just realised I'm at Alton anyway on 24th with family/friends. I've never been to a meet before but If I see you guys, I might tag around for a bit or something. I will most likely be wearing a red/white lumberjack style shirt & a grey hoodie, probs be wearing some wooden bracelet things too. I'm 16, so If there's no one close to my age I might not, but I will keep an eye out for any "enthusiast talk" or a group of people faffing. ;)

Look out for a very large group of people usually faffing around ride exits, or blocking paths. And don't worry, there are people of all ages on meets, from young to old!

djtruefitt said:
Blizzard said:

Look out for a very large group of people usually faffing around ride exits, or blocking paths. And don't worry, there are people of all ages on meets, from young to old!
If not check the bars for those who drink :)