• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Delighted with the attention the trip is now getting, looks like we're got 4 or 5 cars doing all/part of the trip! Fantastic news.

I also just found out that every guest at Tripsdrill gets a free glass of wine as there is a winery on park.

Sorted.

AstroDan said:
I also just found out that every guest at Tripsdrill gets a free glass of wine as there is a winery on park.

CHEEEEERS!!! *tips glass*

Looking forward to this :) will be great to get home to my beloved Europa Park for a glass of Rosata and a tipple of Blue Eyes <3

I have had annual leave approved for this! ;D

Hurrah! Looking forward to a little Morning Bloofi with you, Rob!

Ok I'm gonna try and book this off Monday, but apparently is unlikely. It's the 22,23,24,25 thats is the problem for me (School holiday time down here) :(

So have now got flights and accommodation for Europa sorted courtesy of McBarn.

Crazy excited, cannot WAIT to get back to that wonderful place and teach them how a real mine train is run :D

That's a point, should actually book the time off required for this trip!!! Seems all is go again, I am staying with Mike while at DLP :)

Just paid for my flights I'm doing EP and tripsdrill love life :)

josht said:
Just paid for my flights I'm doing EP and tripsdrill love life :)

What transport are you using for Tripsdrill?

:)

Just booked my Eurostar tickets :D

Will be travelling out on Saturday 19th April, arriving at Ringsheim at stupid-o'clock in the evening. Then joining Dave's car for the bulk of the Junket, before catching a Eurostar back from DLRP on Friday 25th April (leaving me just a part-day on park... aww... gonna have to plan that one carefully). A friend's wedding on the Saturday prevents me staying any later.

So, slightly awkward travel arrangements, but I'm doing the bulk of it :D

Me and Mikey (djtruefitt) have now booked our flights too, we are also doing Europa Park and Tripsdrill! :D

SO EXCITED, I'M GOING HOME!! :D

Disneyland Paris: Ticket Arrangements

2-day Park Hopper: £113.00 per person (book here)

I am considering purchasing a Disney "Fantasy" Annual Passport however. This is purchasable at the park gates and costs €159.00 (£129.00) per person. Only £16 more than the 2-day hopper. I am probably going to return to DLP at some stage within 12 months to ride Ratatouille. You also get various benefits such as food and shopping discounts.

I will get the AP sorted on the evening we arrive from Nigloland, so there's no hassle in entering the parks. The Fantasy Annual Pass also includes Extra Magic Hours. Literally, it's £16 more per person and you get an AP for DLP!

Info here

If anybody is reading this thinking that they'd quite like to do the full trip but have missed the metaphorical boat, I may have a car space available (not entirely sure yet, as obviously a Fabia is not the ideal size for ferrying 3-4 people and their luggage around for a week and a half). PM me if you know me and are interested and I'll have a think about the logistics of it.

I have a query as I am trying to work out some of the costs for this trip as I am not doing the whole thing, is it worth me investing in a Europa Annual Pass or paying for the 3 entry tickets?

I think 3 days alone is less than the cost of an AP. But even if you don't return to EP within a year, if you plan on visiting any of the other parks included, such as Phantasialand or Efteling, it'd be worth getting one.

The good thing about EP annual pass is the free perks, like Diogo mentions.

The other good thing, it makes it a lot more easy to justify another visit later in the year :)

ian

Im highly tempted to get an annual pass this year, we are doing 3 or maybe 4 days at Euorpa (as we are only doing a mini junket), so I don't think there is much difference in price for that.

In terms of annual passes/tickets, which is the best/cheapest way to buy them? Online before, at ticket kiosks or in hotel?

And what perks do you get with an annual pass?

djtruefitt said:
Im highly tempted to get an annual pass this year, we are doing 3 or maybe 4 days at Euorpa (as we are only doing a mini junket), so I don't think there is much difference in price for that.

In terms of annual passes/tickets, which is the best/cheapest way to buy them? Online before, at ticket kiosks or in hotel?

And what perks do you get with an annual pass?

Annual Pass: Same price online and at the hotels/park. Makes no difference.
Tickets: 3-day tickets are cheapest when purchased directly at hotel reception, when you check in.

Perks: Seasonal vouchers for discounts on some merchandise/events, 1 free admission to Efteling, Phantasialand, Liseberg, PortAventura and Isla Magica.

AP DOES sound like the way forward then. May well only be doing 2 days EP on this trip, but would love to go back for Halloween and to some of the other parks on that list.
Glad advance booking doesn't save much, the later I can leave paying for things, the better. Getting the car fit for the trek is my first (and probably most costly) priority :)