• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

I want to do europa for about 5 or 6 days whist the meets there but have a few days chilling if anybody fancies an extended trip at Europa

For those who are considering doing the EP portion of Junket, easyJet's flights between Gatwick and Strasbourg are looking quite convenient in terms of dates and timing.
http://prntscr.com/25t1li

josht said:
I want to do europa for about 5 or 6 days whist the meets there but have a few days chilling if anybody fancies an extended trip at Europa

I know our group will be staying at Europa for an extra night after everybody else departs! We are due to leave EP on Wednesday 23rd, we wouldn't be on park on that day however. But of course, we would still be in the Hotel/bars the night before! ;)

I really can't wait for this trip now, its getting closer and closer! And I can't wait to get back to Europa park after last year. Not only that, but I get to visit two new parks I have never been to before.

ouverture2014-631x473.jpg

Confirmation that Walygator Parc will be open for our visit on 18th April 2014 - in fact, it'll be the first day of the season!

logo_alpina_blitz1.jpg

Confirmation also that Nigloland will be open for our visit on 23rd April from 10:30am to 5:30pm.

OzIris_logo.jpg

Confirmation also that Parc Asterix will be open for our visit on 24th April from 10:00am to 6:00pm.

Europa-Park and Disneyland Paris had already announced they would be operating on the dates in question.

:)

WOOHOO! Walygator is the one I am looking forward to the most!

Jordan said:
Thought it's worth pointing out for those who aren't aware, Ratatouille will most likely not be open by the time we visit DLP. It's currently slated to open around the end of June, however there is the possibility that it may soft open before then. :)

We're monitoring this very closely! Disappointed to hear of these rumours, though...

Thanks, Jordan!

If it doesn't open, then I will not be doing the Paris leg of the trip... which also means EP may be cancelled for me too, as it's not economically viable to split it into 2 trips this year

I would also be reluctant to visit if it's not open. But then, I am reluctant to visit the place full stop, what with not being a six year old girl...

I'm really not sure if I will be able to afford this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to leave this trip and look at Europa park in June/July time for 5 to 6 days

I'm still absolutely interested in this, but if Ratatouille isn't going to be open then the car I'm in (looking to be myself, Russell & Rob at the moment) won't be going to DLRP.

I. WILL. GET. TO. EUROPA. IF. IT. KILLS. ME.

Sazzle said:
I'm still absolutely interested in this, but if Ratatouille isn't going to be open then the car I'm in (looking to be myself, Russell & Rob at the moment) won't be going to DLRP.

I. WILL. GET. TO. EUROPA. IF. IT. KILLS. ME.

I am feeling possibly similar. Really hoping that DLP make an announcement sooner rather than later.

Should Ratatouille NOT be opening, I may just be willing to scrap Astérix also, not for any fault of that park, but with it being a bit out of the way on its own if DLP isn't on the table, and instead may look at doing Phantasialand and/or Toverland instead, seen as Chiapas should be open by then, and equally I wish to visit the new area at Toverland.

But at the moment, it's a case of wait and see. I definitely wish to visit Tripsdrill/EP/Nigloland under whatever circumstances.

Then I could always do DLP in October.

So just wonder is anybody thinking about flying to europa (or anywhere) and doing it this way ??

There may be a slight chance I can do Europa and some of the other parks. Still working out finances and travel arrangements.

Yes, I know I need to get to Europa at some point. :p

I think Joel, Sam, Mike and I are still intending to visit DLP regardless of whether Ratatouille will be open by then.

Jordan said:
I think Joel, Sam, Mike and I are still intending to visit DLP regardless of whether Ratatouille will be open by then.

I am not ruling that out, either. It really depends on the logistical arrangements should Disney officially announce the Rat won't be making an appearance till later in the year.

Hopefully we'll know more in January!

josht said:
So just wonder is anybody thinking about flying to europa (or anywhere) and doing it this way ??

Yes. Because of Easter holiday dates being different here, I am planning on flying to Europa for the weekend people are there (I think it's Easter weekend). Then, depending on what other people are doing, I'm hoping to go to DLP the following weekend for my 30th birthday. It actually works out similar cost-wise as doing the whole trip in a car.

Put the whole of the Europa part (and a few dates around it) on my availability at work...

Hopeful :)