• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walygator : Past and Future

Re: Walygator : The end is coming

AstroDan said:
Monster is a super coaster.

Shame it's hideous, and aside from the rapids (which were hilarious) - the rest of the park is largely forgettable.

Good thing it's only a couple hours drive from EP.

:D

The woodie looks quite good on the POV? :p

The woodie is big but rubbish.

It has no sensation of any description, and shuffles around the track - it was nicknamed "Boobshake" when we visited. Indeed, it crawls so badly, that the first hill requires a chain just to make it over.

I love their random rapids, with its mismatch of boats :p They actually look quite nicely themed on videos. Just dated and in need of a refurb. Really the whole park is the same. It just needs a lot of love, and some more solid investment. Hopefully someone decent will buy it up and completely turn the place around.

The water is foul, it made the cars smell for the rest of the holiday and I had to wash my coat when I got home. It's worse than Drayton's rapids. :D

But it's oh such fun!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Walygator is not dead (yet).
The audience at the court was yesterday and apparently there are 2 offers.
- One offer is made by an unknown man, who wants to Buy 51% of the parts, and continue with the same Directors (Le Douarin Brothers)
- The second offer is a takeover offer, made by 4 people who claim to be "Expert in different and usefull domains to run a Park", no other information.

The answer will be know on the 6th March, at the last audience.

There is a whole article that you can find on that page. (In french of course)

EDIT : Another artilce here is more precise

If the park has gone bankrupt, why would anyone buying it want to keep the same management?

Good news really.

As an enthusiast, I would hope for the second offer. In the right hands, it could be an amazing park.

Sam said:
If the park has gone bankrupt, why would anyone buying it want to keep the same management?

That is a good question, also knowing that the management is really bad.
The 2nd offer may be better, but we dont know much about that group of 4 people...

The court decided today about Walygator future.

Lor'Actu said:
Le tribunal de Metz a tranché en faveur de l’offre de rachat du parc d’attractions déposé par un groupe de quatre entrepreneurs a-t-on appris de Jacqueline Lejeune, l’une des membres du quatuor.

L’avocat du groupe a confirmé la décision de la Chambre Commerciale de Metz. Le parc d’attractions de Maizières-lès-Metz placé en redressement judicaire depuis novembre dernier va tourner une page de son histoire. Les frères Le Douarin qui ont racheté le parc en 2006 et qui l’ont géré durant six saisons sont écartés par la justice pour une mauvaise gestion. La Chambre Commerciale a accepté la cession du parc de loisirs au groupe de quatre entrepreneurs et procédera à la liquidation le 13 mars prochain.

Selon nos informations, le groupe devrait procéder à de nombreux changements. Un nouveau nom d’abord puis une ouverture décalée prévue à la mi-mai ou début juin afin de procéder à la mise aux normes de certaines installations. Des investissements de l’ordre de 1,2 à 1,6 millions d’euros sont prévues «dans les douze mois» afin d’installer de nouveaux manèges, d’autres devraient quitter le site mosellan qui fête ses 24 ans.

Le parc d’attractions inauguré en 1989 devait permettre à la région d’oublier ses difficultés économiques liées à la fermeture des mines puis au déclin de la sidérurgie. Près d’un quart de siècle après son ouverture, le parc d’attractions installé à côté d’une zone touristique qui draine de 3 à 5 millions de touristes par an (Amnéville) n’a jamais connu le succès. Avec un potentiel affiché de 2 millions de visiteurs à son ouverture, le parc de Maizières-lès-Metz n’a jamais dépassé les 800 000 entrées. Dans ses années les plus difficiles, le parc a sombré sous la barre des 250 000 visiteurs. Le Tribunal a permis de conserver 41 emplois et 250 contrats saisonniers dans une région déjà fortement touchée par le chômage.

So basically, the court decided to sell the park to the group of 4 people. And actual directors, Brothers Le Douarin will have to leave the administration.
So Walygator isn't dead! :D :D :D :D

Investments from 1.2 to 1.6 Millions euros will be made in the next 12 month, and the opening date has be delayed to may or june.

More infos from a Waly.biz fan (Translated for you)

- 14 will leave the park with the Le Douarin Brothers, included Pirator, Tea Cup, Longchamps, fair attraction, and the Dark Tower (S&S drop tower, SBNO for years) This attraction where bought in 2006 in the name of Le Douarin, and not Parc Walygator

- Areas will be redefinied;
- A indoor zone is going to be built
- Le 4 new directors wants to keep the dark tower, and are waiting to see what happens to the Tang'Or.
- Meetings will be planned with some rides Manufacturer
- Monster should be "rehabilitated".

Sorry for the double post, but here is an article from "Tout Metz" translated with google translate.
It is an interview of one of the new owners.

Interview: Eric Lucas, future owner of Walygator, talks about new plans for the park
The Commercial Court of Metz announced this Wednesday, March 6, 2013, the sale of the park Walygator Maizières-lès-Metz Lorraine four contractors. A decision following the bankruptcy of the company led by the brothers Le Douarin.

Many questions remain unanswered about the future of the amusement park Moselle. Eric Lucas, one of the rescuers, we respond.

The famous alligator will he still relevant in a few months? Possibly not. The mystery remains. With the resumption of amusement park Walygator, many things will change, a real break from Eric Lucas, insurer Metz and soon one of the owners of the site.

The announcement came Wednesday, the park is entrusted to Eric Lucas, Jacqueline Lejeune, Deglin Franck and Francois Jerome Parent. Four professionals who are known in their respective careers and have combined their skills to put together a resume they submitted on February 20.

An offer that wowed the judges, and that bodes well for a certain number of significant changes. The purchase amount is not yet disclosed, but the amount to be invested by the four protagonists exceed whatever happens, the mere acquisition.

Future owners considering investing in two levels. At first, redevelop the park by reducing the usability thanks to green spaces, painting and rehabilitation of health.

"We want to welcome visitors to the park as we would welcome friends," adds Eric Lucas.

The rides will also spend with a reflection on those and keep those to replace. In short, the next season the park may well upset the eyes of its visitors.

If the four entrepreneurs wishing to open quickly, they are realistic, and considering the earlier start of the season on May 15.

"We can not hold a discourse break, that we are listening to past criticism and decide to open and work with as you. We leave the possibility open between May 15 and June 1, "says Metz insurer.

Eric Lucas also ensures that all existing jobs will be retained. Future owners also want to meet the team, they already know, from Thursday, March 7, to reassure later events.

Concerning the recent recruitment of seasonal day, Eric Lucas replied:

"Since his appointment was made by the team in place, we keep, we logically discuss the matter with them and use their work. '

Identity completely redesigned

Who said break, says new name and new look. It is envisaged that the future direction that the work entrusted to two communications agencies in the region. The new identity should be unveiled in April, in order to start a communication campaign on the park.

Generally, the four acolytes want to entrust all work outside local businesses, including companies that have suffered claims of the park in the past.

Partners, they work on their recovery project since November 2012. Liquidation of the park must be declared March 13, 2013. For the rest, a large yard awaits ...

The secret of the new identity, in any case, is well kept. Surprise in a month, at least if the file ends.

For the brothers Le Douarin does not seem to want to separate the park so easily. They told on Wednesday to our colleagues at France 3 Lorraine want to appeal the decision.

To this, Eric Lucas replied:

"I understand them, it is a right that is offered. Justice will do what it seems logical to do. '

Within a few days, the action plan should be communicated buyers more precisely.

Walygator now as an opening date : 1st june 2013.
Nothing more to say about the new owners, except they already planned a lot of refurb for this year.

The raft has been cleaned, so the water wont be green anymore. Same for the flume.
New boats are also coming for the raft, but wont be there for the opening date.
Monster has only 1 train remaining complete, so they bought the missing pieces to make sure to have 2 complete trains. (No need of 3, knowing the park affluence).
The woodie, Anaconda, is partly retracked, and they are hoping to get the second train back to service soon. The transfer track, which was the worst part, has been changed.

A suspended dark ride is planned in 2015, in the building where the terror house is at the moment. The price will be about 4 millions euro.

And as a conclusion, here is the new Logo, and the new Mascotte have been revealed!

534104_483276978404755_1056711367_n.jpg

initial.jpg

Have to say I'm loving the new logo and revamped Waly. It all looks so much fresher and up to date. It sounds like they really do want to give the place a reverse of fortune. Less than a year after being saved and it sounds like they already have a lot of great plans in the works :D

I hope they do all the things they said. It has been only 2 month since the park was sold, and it seems to go in the right way. Except I dont really like the mascotte.
The TUV has proceed to detailled cheking of every single ride. I cant translate you everything that has been said here, but it really looks like they have major things to do as soon as possible. Most of the ride simply had no maintenance for year, and need to be renewed so they can be ran safely.

I really wish them all the best, but it is going to be a hard and long work.

Suspended dark ride? Sounds suspiciously similar to what that little German park down the road are getting for 2014. I can't remember what Arthur is costing, and I'm sure it's a lot more, but €4m is a fair whack for a small park!

I'm thinking Rainbow Magic Land as they have a suspended dark ride!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Good news the park is opening again, I hope it goes from strength to strength under new management, are we sure its not Merlin who have purchased it? :p

I drove past it on the way to EP, and it would make a nice stop on the way to EP next time I drive.

Ian