• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walygator : Past and Future

According to many posts on french forum, a complete retracking of Anaconda is planned (and it is needed!)
For a moment, it has been rumoured to be made by RMC but today a new info has been revealed.

Anaconda retracking will be made by GCI! ;D

For the moment nothing is official, but the info has been posted by members who have direct contact with the new management, so this is a reliable source. And no date has been communicated.
If it is confirmed, it could make a really amazing coaster!

Marketing is on its way. ;D

Interesting to see they are using the Tangor and Dark tower for this advert.
This 2 rides have been closed for years, due to the lack of maintenance.

901259_619745494720900_137202765_o.jpg

I'm really thinking of giving them a chance, and try a visit this year (+ I miss Monster, it is an incredible ride)

Good to see they're keeping the S&S tower. I thought that was a gonna after it was closed last year. Weird that they didn't stick a pic of Monster in that ad...

The point in that ad is to show the changes. Monster has been used in every ad since 2010, and at the same time, both of the 2 towers were closed. Didn't really know when they where stopped, but in my only visit in october 2010 it was SBNO. It never reopened, even if the Le Douarin Brothers promised it every year.

Oh yeah, both of them were closed. Well the new management are making good decisions already, I hope it pays off for them.

I may start planning myself a mini-Europe trip for 2014.

The marketing director answered to a mail from a waly.biz fan, it is giving us more infos about the park'z future.
I translated it for you.

Dark Tower : (S&S space shot)

Test have been passed succesfully last week. We are finishing the refurb for the 13th may. Dark Dog will stay as a sponsor.

The Monster :

Sadly due to a lack of time, we wont be able to build a real station, with a roof, for this season. It is planned for the next season, as the new area under the coaster.
We havent take any decision about a repainting yet.
The 3rd train will be ready to ride in the near future

Anaconda :

First work will be done on the 13th may, the refurb is planned for 3 years
The ride has been inspected by the TUV and GCI 3 weeks ago.
The main train already has been rehabilitated, and the ride will operate with 1 train only
It is planned to change between train 1 and train 2 every year.

Some photos from Waly.biz twitter

The new carroussel 1900 has been installed.
BKiyg6vCMAALtDw.jpg

BKiWSYPCcAEmSRl.jpg:large

BKiaQx2CYAApwYG.jpg:large

BKic-XpCcAAPXxZ.jpg:large

BKie2naCMAEXRdN.jpg:large

BKihuFxCEAEeeZC.jpg:large

BKih_hLCUAA-i9d.jpg:large

I'm impressed! When I visited Walygator a few years back, it was a place that very much felt like it'd had it's day. Despite the takeover, I never expected it to even reopen this year, yet alone have so much planned for it. It's amazing to see the S+S tower and the topple tower (I didn't even realise they span that fast!) working again, and to see some painting going on on some buildings too.

I really hope they turn things around, the retracking of Anaconda is great news which will hopefully stop the awful jackhammer effect it had when I visited, although a retrack doesn't make up for a pretty poor layout but we'll see when it's done.

It's a great sign that they're responding to your questions too Pedro, again it bodes well for the future. Thanks for keeping us up to date on progress too, it's appreciated :).

Dying to go back now!

Sensational. That is insane although I dread to think of queues.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Although commendable for having a UK version of the website, it perhaps isn't translating the events so well yet?

Events at the bottom of the page

SARAH 18th August 2013
She is only 24 years old and has an infernal fishing

;D

The mind boggles! Darn those liberal Europeans!!

Joking aside, well done to the park :)

EDIT:
Can I add it is a great idea to have over 65 entry prices reduced but also, and mainly, free on a Wednesday. A fantastic way to get Grandparents taking little ones during midweek!

The park seems to be in good hands.

IanB said:
Yet another European site that has an English version, When are UK Parks going to learn, and add other languages to their sites. (Thorpe, CWOA and Legoland could benefit the most IMO).

Ian

Difference is that most European countries actually speak English to an extremely good level (better than some nationals), is there really a need to have a Dutch version of our park websites?

The picture is talking about something high and scary!
On french forums, it is said that it could be a Star Flyer.
A star flyer would be a great new attraction for this park.

Let's see what the park will say in a few weeks.