• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Seems like the vast majority of people here would be pretty stuck if they were stranded on a desert island with no cooked English breakfast to keep them going in the morning! :p

Give me a piece of toast, some coffee and I'll be knocking out the credits in no time.

But if thorpe can offer a hot buffet breakfast from a shipping container hotel it's not that hard to do
Containers, a New hotel restaurant for 2015. Enjoy our industrial theme restaurant when staying in the enchanted village. After entering though the shipping container theme entrance you will be met by a modern stainless steel serving area. Supplying you with our new builders breakfast menu. Ranging from bacon butties, though full english and ending up with massive belly buster special.

Containers, a New hotel restaurant for 2015. Enjoy our industrial theme restaurant when staying in the enchanted village. After entering though the shipping container theme entrance you will be met by a modern stainless steel serving area. Supplying you with our new builders breakfast menu. Ranging from bacon butties, though full english and ending up with massive belly buster special.

Complete with staff dressed in jeans white vest and hard hats. Who will tut at everything say. "You've had some cowboys in here love" have 15 sugars in their tea. stop working every 2 mins. Have Capital FM blasting out. Quote you less for the price of the food then what you'll actually pay. Breath from the teeth.....................etc etc etc

Let's just remember that Thorpe have the dome next to the hotel where I presume breakfast is served?

Admittedly the restaurant for the enchanted village should be able to provide a cooked breakfast too, but it's not the shipping containers that make any relevance to Thorpes offering.

:) This is why I love this place. Even in the midst of ranting about whatever is currently irking us, we can still have a joke about it. :)

See the original plans for the lodges had little kitchen areas in them, so it would be more self-catering, so they probably could have got away with not giving you a full fry up. But for some reason these were removed from the latest plans.

I do think they will struggle to offer a full breakfast, the restaurant looks tiny on the plans and if you have 120 sets of people who want breakfast, its going to be hard to do. We all know what the restaurants are like in the other two hotels!

It's a big shame the small kitchens did not get passed over into the plans for these lodges. A self catering option I think would have attracted a far wider range of guests, Towers could have even have gone a step further with that and had a mini-supermarket on site. Another good idea that could have happened but never did, shame.

10639527_548648871931260_3861931550433375645_n.jpg

From Tatenhill Aviation :)

Nice! Hopefully they will be uploading pictures of the site every few months like they did with The Smiler and CBeebies Land. Gives a nice perspective of the site.

I don't think it will take long for this to shoot up. They have started the foundations on some of the lodges already, once they are in place its just a cast of building the lodges which all come pretty much pre-made. I think the hardest work will be all the landscaping around the area and also the restaurant.

It will be interesting to see the tree houses! I would love it if they built a tree house in the park/front lawn near to where the show lodges currently are, although I doubt they will because if they're only building 8 (?) altogether, then they must be pretty expensive to build and not worth doing.

Saw the lodges in person finally, they're quite cute. Certainly a bit quirky. Bathrooms a decent size, back little bedroom is more than adequate, main room needs warming up a bit I think and the noise between the two attached would concern me.

Also, if they aren't self catering and relying on the restaurant, given the direction of F&B at Towers right now, this could be trouble.