• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They had all the coasters open by 11 today. :) (I know this isn't something to celebrate but in the context of the season so far and all)

Going tomorrow and hoping to get loads of rides in on WM. Not been since it's unofficial opening day 20th March.

Crowds look low too and should be even lower tomorrow with some schools closed till tomorrow for teacher training days.
I'm going too. Hopefully the forecast wind gusts won't cause too many problems with the coasters

Seems they’ve let the “it’s better than nothing” member of staff back online :eek:

kaiws4.jpg

They're really not helping themselves are they? There should be some serious questions asked of the manager of Towers' social media team. Technically they are correct with what they say but this does not give the park a good public image at all.

:)

Technical, you buy 2 tickets and give one to your mate to come with you. Then you have transferred the ticket.
This also goes for anyone in your family technically speaking. :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

So “It’s better than nothing gate” continues. Honestly unbelievable to see on their official Twitter. Really not good being arsey towards customers. If they’re going to reply to people, at least give them a solution such as; “Tickets are non transferable however we can exchange them for a better date of fantastic thrills.” - “Message us with your booking ref. and we will swiftly exchange your tickets, hassle free.”
Tut tut tut Alton Towers...

So “It’s better than nothing gate” continues. Honestly unbelievable to see on their official Twitter. Really not good being arsey towards customers. If they’re going to reply to people, at least give them a solution such as; “Tickets are non transferable however we can exchange them for a better date of fantastic thrills.” - “Message us with your booking ref. and we will swiftly exchange your tickets, hassle free.”
Tut tut tut Alton Towers...

New response from ATR... pretty much taken your advice on board!

Thing is they shouldn’t be posting these poor messages in the first place. If the latest reply is due to the criticism from the public then it shows the original staff member really isn’t suited for a customer facing role.

Good to see “product excellence” making amends though :)

I’m glad they’re starting to listen though. I’ve noticed a big change in attitude within Merlin this season. Critisms are being acknowledged, I can list a bunch of small improvements at Thorpe Park that the community were complaining about for ages. It’s more than coincidence so it’s definately great to see they’re finally listening to their biggest supporters. We all just want the parks to be the best they can be after all!

Relented today and went to AT and even bought an annual pass, even though I said I wouldn't after after the opening hours.

The 10-4 or should I say 11-4 by time we got through the box office to collect our cards, nerfed a full day out. Having to show ID just to pick up tickets caused a bit of a palaver (wasn't mentioned it was needed in the email). Guess they were just making sure I didn't transfer them. Tut tut tut.

Thanks to the reduced hours we didn't get on hex, RITA, Th13teen, RMT, Duel and teacups. With an 18:00 shut, we would have easily managed most, maybe all.

The good;
Wickerman is fantastic, the theming is great, got in the towers for the first time in years and food in rollercoaster restaurant was decent. (Recommend the wickerman cocktail :))

The bad;
Operations seemed slow across the park. It took ages to get on and out of stations today. Especially Oblivion and Wickerman.

Verdict;
Overall we had a fun day out, there were certainly more positive by VIBES from our group and a bit more of a buzz around wickerman. However the short opening hours, mothballed rides/areas and problems at stations were noticed even by the more casual members our group.

Reactions: pj
New response from ATR... pretty much taken your advice on board!

And it looks like the original response has gone.

It is just a pity that it takes posts on a fan site for them to realise things such as this, although I am sure the person who may well have raised and dealt with the issue would not have been aware of it in the first place. Social media is such an important marketing tool these days and things can easily go viral; Towers need to get it right.

I think we flagged it up, and someone from AT spotted it. Let someone who can deal with it know about it.

I do wonder if the person the put up the bad response is going to put on other duties. Like making drinks and lunch runs for the rest of the marketing team :D

With the way they are handeling their social media they may look at going the way of Witherspoon’s and quit all Twitter and Fafbook

Wouldn't be surprised to see more companies do that, social media can be a fantastic tool but one wrong word or phrase and the internet won't ever let you forget it.

It will be interesting to see. I'm sure most people go to weatherspoons for the reasonable priced food and drink, not because some social media obsessed people see a post of a picture of a burger and pint and go "wow I must go there tonight ." I would be interested to know how much new footfall and customer spending this social media stuff brings in, or if it's just another sounding board for people to comment or moan but doesn't actually bring in any money. If it's the latter I think a lot of companies will be getting rid of the social media teams as it is another cost cutting measure. Poor Facebook and Twitter.

I think there's quite a difference with Towers and Spoons. Spoons pretty much has it's regular customers and if it doesn't those regulars are in the pub down the road so they just need to advertise locally to get the word out. Towers on the other hand have to spend quite a bit on advertising and the social media will supplement this and lower the cost compared to just running TV ads. But also notable maybe is the lack of interest in Facebook for younger people. My son is 18 and rarely uses facebook. FaceTIME seems more his thing. And my daughter who is younger is all about Instagram, Snapchat and musicly(?)

Very interested in how this will develop.

Regarding the Tut Tut Tut. I just seems odd that they felt the need to reply at all. Towers weren't the target of the message, they were just tagged. They would have been better just leaving it I guess. They need to be a bit careful as they try to be humorous and a bit of a 'Mate' at times when posting and it could easily backfire.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.