• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
We were out in Birmingham yesterday and they were handing out free Coke Zero with a big promotion as to how it tastes the same as coke red.

Marketing will make this tax pointless
Marketing will make this tax a success surely? It's an attempt to reduce sugar consumption, if companies are paying money to direct people onto products containing less/no sugar or changing their recipes to reduce sugar content then that's pretty much job done . Likewise if Towers are removing high-sugar drinks from unlimited refills at restaurants (on topic comment).

Marketing will make this tax a success surely? It's an attempt to reduce sugar consumption, if companies are paying money to direct people onto products containing less/no sugar or changing their recipes to reduce sugar content then that's pretty much job done . Likewise if Towers are removing high-sugar drinks from unlimited refills at restaurants (on topic comment).
Pepsi Max is PepsiCo's best selling line in this country and has been since the 90's. Coke Zero has never had the same success but is being pushed extremely hard by Coca Cola, its also going through its 3rd packaging redesign in as many years and is being heavily pushed now as THE real Coca Cola. So one must assume that if Coke, a very stable and well managed company, are so worried about this new tax affecting their core product that are investing heavily in trying to produce an alternative that replicates it and replaces it, then the sugar tax must be a rip roaring success.

Worth noting that PepsiCo have started to heavily market Pepsi Max referencing Coke Zero.

Also, Coke Zero is available at Alton Towers throughout the 2018 season.

Peace and quiet I would hope!
I get the impression that Ripsaw drew bigger crowds than Wasteland Bash. That ride could almost have been considered a show!

That sounds entirely believable to me!

:)

It wouldn't work for marketing. They won't spend money like that with no return.

Maybe if it was a new model that did something different they could market it.

They could easily build and install a brand new floorless topscan with water and mist effects and relate to the area if they really wanted to.

Also, they could market it as the UK’s first floorless too scan.

Probably won’t happen though since Merlin don’t like adding flats and the killer image probably still isn’t enough for their nitty gritty marketing where everything has to be successful and draw huge guests and profit.

I get the impression that Ripsaw drew bigger crowds than Wasteland Bash. That ride could almost have been considered a show!

That’s why I loved Ripsaw as it was such a show and generally a great area in the park with a good atmosphere - people watching from afar laughing at the people screeching on the ride as they got soaked. The splash zone to get the ones that weren’t riding. It’s the little things like that that add up to an overall Great Day and ensure people return year after year.

But ultimately we know everything is for the short term these days.

Ripsaw drew a lot of guests. Very rare I saw it without a queue and people gathering to watch those on it.
How many stoped to watch the bush bash thing or forbidden sweep.
I know I didn’t.

Ripsaw was great to watch in the summer! Well, that was in the early years when people would get totally soaked.

Surely Towers could rent a Topscan, or get someone who owns a decent one and do a deal with them to bring it to the park for a few months?

They could move the one from Chessington as great hardly ever gets used o_O
Ramses is knackered though! Ideally a new suspended top spin would be perfect. I think they could market it quite well, maybe Ripsaw's Revenge or Ripsaw 2.0 or something.

Ramses is knackered though! Ideally a new suspended top spin would be perfect. I think they could market it quite well, maybe Ripsaw's Revenge or Ripsaw 2.0 or something.

One of the dancers sadly perished whilst performing and is said to haunt the area, so if you dare to, come ride:

Ripsaw: Rise of the Demon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It wouldn't work for marketing. They won't spend money like that with no return.

Maybe if it was a new model that did something different they could market it.
It could get a return if marketed right. In terms of gate figure increase, Rameses’ was Chessington’s biggest success ever! So it’s certainly possible.

I agree, but it's already been marketed once. You only have to look at the ride next door to see what fundamental changes needed to be made to justify the marketers and look how that ended up :p

To get a budget allowance I expect it will have to be a really cheap replacement or a decent upgraded model as suggested above which would offer the marketing bods something to go on.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.