• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I also forgot to mention the Rita merchandise, or shall I say the lack of it!

Just an end shelf with some old cups and a few odds and ends, what dose this indicate? Did someone forget to order some, maybe they are still waiting for some new merchandise to come in or is Rita having a re-theme/removal or SBNO next season?
Rita never really had much merch has it?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

They certainly had a lot more than what they did yesterday, I think I can count on one had all the various of Rita merch that they had, saying that, a few years ago, a similar thing happened with Oblivion.

I genuinely fear for days like tomorrow and the forthcoming Easter holidays. Operations and ride availability over even quiet midweek days such as today have been fairly dire - Nemesis on 1 train with a 20 minute queue minimum all day, Rita at 20 minutes also, Wicker Man averaging about half an hour but consistently breaking down resulting in even longer wait times and The Smiler with its reduced capacity today was at an hour at one stage! Pretty poor overall and when it feels slow to get on rides even today I dread to think how it will be when it's actually busy...

I genuinely fear for days like tomorrow and the forthcoming Easter holidays. Operations and ride availability over even quiet midweek days such as today have been fairly dire - Nemesis on 1 train with a 20 minute queue minimum all day, Rita at 20 minutes also, Wicker Man averaging about half an hour but consistently breaking down resulting in even longer wait times and The Smiler with its reduced capacity today was at an hour at one stage! Pretty poor overall and when it feels slow to get on rides even today I dread to think how it will be when it's actually busy...
Like you say it’s going to be dreadful :(.
I can’t understand the logic of removing the SRQs what do they think that achieves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you say it’s going to be dreadful :(.
I can’t understand the logic of removing the SRQs what do they think that achieves

More fastrack sales?

Edit
Beaten to it for the second time today.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Simple, more fastrack revenue

Yes true.
Surely there’s only so many fasttrack they can sell??
SRQs are an excellent way to improve operations though surely they must consider that and know that the majority of people won’t buy fast tracks.

Yes true.
Surely there’s only so many fasttrack they can sell??
SRQs are an excellent way to improve operations though surely they must consider that and know that the majority of people won’t buy fast tracks.

You would think so but I've been told that even spinballs single rider has been removed.

Some rides use a staff member for single rider. So it would be staff cost saving on them rides.

Some rides use a staff member for single rider. So it would be staff cost saving on them rides.

Yes that would make sense, I always found the way Rita’s SRQ worked was the best - no extra staff required either

We've had this discussion in the SRQ thread. It appears they've been removed to save on staff at the merge points as these have also been removed. With those and baggage holds being removed, that's a significant labour saving, especially on quieter days.

We've had this discussion in the SRQ thread. It appears they've been removed to save on staff at the merge points as these have also been removed. With those and baggage holds being removed, that's a significant labour saving, especially on quieter days.
But that doesn't explain spinballs

Some have been removed to save on staff, others haven't. Oblivion's SRQ required no extra staff for example.

Some have been removed to save on staff, others haven't. Oblivion's SRQ required no extra staff for example.
Indeed Oblivion appears to be the anomaly. One can only guess that they've just made this a blanket decision and that's why it's been removed with the others with the potential Brucie bonus being that it may generate some extra Fast track sales here and there.

Wait so is there someone manning the start of the Oblivion fast track queue line? Just that when we always go we enter the FT/SR queue and then duck under to the main queue so we don't have to walk the whole way round:p

Wait so is there someone manning the start of the Oblivion fast track queue line? Just that when we always go we enter the FT/SR queue and then duck under to the main queue so we don't have to walk the whole way round:p
No, Oblivion queues are manned at the station only.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.