• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019 General Election Poll and Discussion

Which party will you vote for at the 2019 General Election?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

• Other

• Not Voting/Can't Vote

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not Yet Decided

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Surreal News thread...

‘Conservative escapes hustings over a fence’

A CONSERVATIVE “escaped a climate debate over the fence via the bins” after claiming she was not given enough time to prepare for the questions.

Nancy Bikson, a stand-in for Maria Caulfield who is the party’s candidate for Lewes, left the hustings at Lewes Priory School after 15 minutes stating that she had only seen the questions hours before.

It is claimed that the stand-in, who is a Conservative councillor for Lewes, then tried to leave the venue via the back entrance but was spotted by a teenager 45 minutes later

The post which alleged the incident has now been shared more than 1,000 times on Twitter.

It reads: “She was spotted by my daughter 45 minutes later still trying to find her way off the premises without having to go back through the hall.

“She ended up climbing the fence via the bins.”

Source: The Argus

I hope you get what you want, but after reading all your posts in this thread, I am still not sure what you do want.
I want the conservatives in power to take this country forward. Make it a great place to live and do business

I do not want Corbyn anywhere near number 10

I do not want Labour in power to feck the country up for years and years to come.

:cool:

It’s not too much to ask for.

I want the conservatives in power to take this country forward. Make it a great place to live and do business

I do not want Labour in power to feck the country up for years and years to come.

Do we really need to tell you again that the national debt is much larger now that in 2010 and the Tories haven’t achieved anything apart from creating misery and hardship for many.

When the Tories win with a majority on Thursday.
In years to come, all you young, when you have good jobs, low taxes, able to move out of mummy and daddy house and buy your own place.
When the world is a really nice place to be
When Britain is a thriving place.
Where people aspire to live

You can all come and thank me
:p

Last edited:
In years to come, all you young, when you have good jobs, low taxes, able to move out of mummy and daddy house and buy your own place.
When the world is a really move place to be

Thanks... I purchased my house during the last Labour government!

Now I’m scared for my job and concerned about house prices due to Boris and #gettingbrexitdone

It was like that a decade ago when I was leaving sixth form, it's just gone downhill since then.

Having acute contact with mental health services and I can see firsthand the damage the current adminstration has caused.

With public debt so high, I guess the old bag's line about running out of other people's money only counts when it's the dirty working classes getting that money.
Of course people don't realise that the economy is a circle, and having rich people hoard money hinders that circulation.

Do you have anything constructive to add, at all?

I could sit for twenty minutes and take each of these points individually. But I don't think it's worth the effort as you're so vague with your responses and usually dodge my points entirely.

The things most important to me (remaining in the EU and being open and welcoming to foreigners, building a sustainable future for ourselves and our children, and investments in public transport so I can get around easily) are not offered by the Conservatives.

(I'm still happy to discuss with you, but you're going to have to make some better arguments first on why I (or anyone else) should vote Conservative)

You must realise that sounds like the pitch of a supporter of a party that has been in opposition for nine years, not one that has been in power for the same period.

You will note that much of the Tory campaign is centred what they are going to do, rather than what they have delivered. Some might suggest that is quite telling.

If you look at the Labour campaigns of 2001 and 2005, it was a hybrid of what they had done and what they still wanted to do.

You just seem determined to troll.

You just seem determined to troll.

kItNXrI_d.jpg

No it’s just I can’t understand why people won’t listen

The young never listen to their elders

We know best

How ?

Experience :)

My house was bought 11 years ago. I'm in the top 1% of uk earners. I'm debt free including credit cards, I've worked hard all my life from the age of about 11 when I started cleaning cars at a local car wash. I have seen good times and bad times. I've seen the highs and the lows. And I've seen people completely corrupted by the media. I voted to leave the eu. I voted because I to was caught up in the media hype. It was a complete mistake. We have had 10 years of blue running this country and claiming there making it better. 4m children now in poverty. Food banks open more now then at any other point in history. People dying on the streets. None of this thank god has affected me personally but I know of people it has. You think the goverment is doing a stand up job, you mention the country moving forward, we are on the edge of a collapse in fact we missed it by just 0.3%. That's not growth. In fact it's a decline. You post things like Corbyn not laying a reef then when given clear evidence state he will claim it on expenses when the clear fact is MORE Tory mps have abused that system then ANY OTHER GROUP FROM ANY OTHER PARTY. you are the reason this country is going the way it is. The reason people cant afford to heat there homes even when they work 40 hour weeks. You hear what you want and stick with that because it suits you better. 40 hospitals being opened....not the 6 it really is. I will never talk down to someone about there opinions and beliefs. And while you talk with passion, you are extremely Ill informed. If I say what I really want to I'll get banned so I'll leave if there

Sorry to everyone else

I'm pretty sure Labour will win in my area anyway, and I don't really like the Labour candidate for my area, but I do like Corbyn and, after watching a longer interview with him, I think it's important to show my support. I don't believe he can achieve what he wants to but I'd like to live in a country where he could and I guess this is a step in that direction.