• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019 General Election Poll and Discussion

Which party will you vote for at the 2019 General Election?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

• Other

• Not Voting/Can't Vote

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not Yet Decided

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
image.jpg

Why is it so difficult to understand Labour's plan?

Go get a deal from EU.

Offer the deal or Remain option back to the public.

Implement that result.
Because Corbin is an ass and the deal he will do will be as good as remain
So the referendum option will be
Remain or remain :mad:

Because Corbin is an ass and the deal he will do will be as good as remain
So the referendum option will be
Remain or remain :mad:
That's what the Brexit party say about the Tories - that their brexit is too soft. Brexit isn't as clear cut as you think it is.

Someone at work summed up the Labour party today:
"Not only did they screw us over with the working time directive, they started two major wars and they hate the Jews. I've heard that somewhere else."

... Still laughing.

...Erm...
Let it never be said I am the most controversial poster on this board again.

All sides are disingenuous, just like in the referendum. In both instances you just have to hold your nose and hope for the best. Hopefully without those who didn't get the result that they wanted crying about it for the next 3 years and trying to overturn the result.

All sides are disingenuous, just like in the referendum. In both instances you just have to hold your nose and hope for the best. Hopefully without those who didn't get the result that they wanted crying about it for the next 3 years and trying to overturn the result.
This election could entirely overturn the result of the previous one that occurred less than 3 years ago...

With the admission that both sides were disingenuous in the referendum, I think that's the best possible reason for repeating the exercise now the facts are clearer. It's much harder to be disingenuous now, than it was then.

It's not though really, because you can just promise to do things when you get into power then not actually do them when you get into power, just like after probably every general election in our country ever.

It's not though really, because you can just promise to do things when you get into power then not actually do them when you get into power, just like after probably every general election in our country ever.
If you take it down to that level of cynicism, we might as well just have @DiogoJ42 on a throne shouting orders.

He'd probably have some better policies than many of the others. This country needs drastic change but all of the main parties are too scared to do it as they're unsure of how it will affect their popularity with certain age groups etc.

So my constituency was a pretty safe labour seat. I liked our MP I used to tune in to parliament tv and see him there during some debates that were very poorly attended. Now hes decided to retire. And the new candidate has been outed for tweeting that she wanted Blair and Bush to die. So I'm really undecided where to cast my vote. I dont want either labour or conservatives to get in. Brexit party too close to BNP for me. I'm just so over all of these overpaid babies. Parliament is a joke. The issues that really matter no one bothers to turn up for.

The Tories shred up all the rules to offer £20bn a year investment to woo voters

Labour : Double it! £400billion over the next 10 years (£40bn a year average, but not evenly distributed).

First the conservatives decided they don't care about the union, now they've decided their own fiscal rules need not apply. Remind me again why they've killed thousands with austerity when there is £20bn a year to spear now?

He'd probably have some better policies than many of the others. This country needs drastic change but all of the main parties are too scared to do it as they're unsure of how it will affect their popularity with certain age groups etc.
I think at a number of previous elections you could perhaps make the argument that there really wasn't a choice and everyone merged together, but that's absolutely not true this time.

On one side, they're perusing a hard Brexit, that's a pretty drastic change - arguably one of the most profound possible on a number of levels. I'd argue that it's not a positive one, but aware we wouldn't agree on that.

On the other, there's a pretty drastic shift as well, in terms of really changing the direction that this country is going in, realigning what are perceived to be great inequalities and removing private enterprise from areas of industry that account for a not insignificant portion of GDP.

If you want drastic change, I'd suggest it's very much on offer. A continuation of where we were from 1997 - 2015 really isn't there to vote for.

The Tories have revealed their spending plans, despite "no magic money tree" and our debt increasing under Tory rule, they want to borrow more! It's the hypocrisy that bothers me - apparently their borrowing is okay but the Greens or Labour borrowing is reckless?