• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2022] 'Eatrenalin' Innovative Restaurant

Headed there towards the end of the summer season so a bit sad that this very likely won't be open by then, but still extremely excited for this. Despite the somewhat silly name, it really does seem like an entirely new kind of experience.

I'm expecting the price to be a bit higher than the other estimates, the menu at Captain's Finest is €114 (with wine, 86 without) euros already, as a guess I would put Eatrenalin at €150 per person

Headed there towards the end of the summer season so a bit sad that this very likely won't be open by then, but still extremely excited for this. Despite the somewhat silly name, it really does seem like an entirely new kind of experience.

I'm expecting the price to be a bit higher than the other estimates, the menu at Captain's Finest is €114 (with wine, 86 without) euros already, as a guess I would put Eatrenalin at €150 per person
It's not going to be Ammolite price, surely.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Some more details have been released on the new www.Eatrenalin.de website.

Pricing ranges from 195, to 445 for champagne accompaniment and 645 for a fine wine accompaniment. The experience seems to be an eight course meal and there also looks to be a bar at the end.

Pretty steep pricing, but I guess we expected that. Opening appears to be pegged for autumn with bookings opening sometime in the summer.

195 seems reasonable for a 1.5 hour experience of this nature... I will likely skip the additional 400 euros wine course, personally.

A bit sad that this will open just after my summer trip this year, so I will probably give in and watch a video of it on YouTube before I'm able to visit it in person. If the experience is as well-designed as the website, I think we are in for something special!

Apparently videos aren’t permitted which might restrict what appears on YouTube. It may at least save you from a running commentary if you’re sat next to a vlogger.

I agree that the base pricing is not too bad given it includes drinks, but the wine and champagne experiences being exponentially more does seem a little out of kilter.

Ahh yes, just saw that they prohibit filming. Very much in agreement with that rule, I do not like being sat near people filming or vloggers on normal rides or at restaurants, and I suppose that goes doubly so for a ride that happens to be a restaurant as well :p

I'm confused by the pricing. The prices posted are as listed, but then it also says add 100, not 400, to the standard price for the wine pairing? 100 extra feels more appropriate.

EP's magazine Emotional Pur has revealed some more details and concepts for Eatrenalin.

-Five years of development, total area 1,600 sqm, opening in autumn 2022.

- Almost two-hour sensory journey with teams of 16 people departing between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m., a maximum of twelve tours per evening.

- Ride on the newly developed "Floating Chair" (not rail-bound, weighs 320 kg, consists of 2,100 parts, one and a half years of development), guests can also adjust the height and inclination.

- The guests float through the individual rooms and "sit in all possible seat combinations, such as opposite or next to each other, sometimes at round tables, sometimes in groups of four".

- In the rooms there are not only new LED screens and projections, but "among other things, rocks, wooden elements and original props".

- All senses are addressed. Custom music was developed for Eatrenalin, which underscores the choreography of the culinary journey of adventure. There are also elements such as wind, temperature and movement. Matching the different rooms, there are also specially coordinated scents.

- The food/room sequence:
"For a starter, the guests float on their "Floating Chairs" into the "Ocean" room - and thus into the depths of the sea, so to speak. While everything is still quiet here, a veritable explosion of taste takes place in the "Taste" room. The guests taste one after the other the tastes: sweet, salty, sour and bitter. The room changes and adapts to the different aromas. These can thus be experienced with all the senses. But the fifth dimension of taste is not ignored either: umami! That's what it's called by many in Asia Flavors typical of dishes that can also be recognized by the human tongue. A separate room is dedicated to it. A gong sounds and an Asian monk welcomes the gourmet travelers to a long table, where they take their first main course.

- Afterwards, the Eatrenalin visitors literally take off in the “Space” and “Universe” rooms. After a rocket launch, they find themselves in space and on the moon. What does the dessert taste like there? "Very imaginative," describes Thomas Mack. “The experience is brought to completion in the “Incarnation” room. After about two hours, the elevator takes you back to reality. In the bar, the approximately 200 guests who can experience Eatrenalin in total in one evening end their excursion through space, time, fiction and taste."

- There are already people interested in the concept from Shanghai, London, Paris, Lisbon and New York as well as from Mexico.
IMG_7001.jpg

IMG_7002.jpg

Source

Bookings are apparently opening in the summer. It’s now mid-October and you still can’t book, despite me desperately wanting to get in at Christmas.

I see they’ve now finally removed reference to bookings opening in Summer, but the site still suggests an Autumn opening. From their social posts it looks like they’re quite well advanced from a food perspective. I guess it’s more the ride system which might be the longest piece of string.

Fingers crossed for opening by this December, which will only be a year later than originally announced.