• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

More pictures from Bdaily News.

icon-one.jpg

lSvVxrpEBEbpbYTcYxKpONMhsqXRiY4gd73p54AA.jpeg

icon-two.jpg

Gotta admit when BPB were first talking about the complexities of this ride I did think they were over-egging it a little. I mean how hard can it be to build a coaster on a flat piece of ground like the old lake?

After now seeing the supports for some of this track, I take it all back. These have got to be some of the more complex support structures I’ve seen (but maybe not the prettiest). They look to have also been pretty well thought out - when you look at that high-five element there’s absolutely no support interfering with the interaction between the two rides.

Bravo Roland and BPB.

The station at the moment looks ugly but the ride itself looks like something special.

Really hope this is the shot of adrenaline Blackpool Pleasure Beach needs to really compete against Merlin.

I'd be surprised if they left the station like is is currently, parts of the ride's full soundtrack are heavily in step with an oriental theme which would seem a bit out of place with generic ride buildings.

Looks like a new building going up in the bottom right of that picture. Since we expect the shop to be built on top of the tunnel, any guesses what this other building might be?

Is the new building you mention not on top of the tunnel?

Is the new building you mention not on top of the tunnel?

I think the tunnel is further to the left of the picture - pretty much where that scaffold handrail is. The substation they built during the season is even further to the left of this, so unless this is another part of it, it’s something else new. It looks like it’s either in front of or has replaced the timber style donut shop that was on that pathway.

I'd be surprised if they left the station like is is currently, parts of the ride's full soundtrack are heavily in step with an oriental theme which would seem a bit out of place with generic ride buildings.

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about how the station looks now. Judge it on opening day. ;)