• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Icon - 2018 Mack Double Launch Coaster

I think it looks great. The first half definitely needs more speed to it than there is in the footage, but probably to expected at this stage considering it's testing.

I’m not sure if it’s the particular test runs or just the footage, but it looks a little quicker in those videos than it did in person yesterday. If it does end up running at the speeds it looks in those videos, we are in for a treat.

So the first launch will take the train up to about 46 mph. The second launch is about 53 mph. The videos of it going around the first section might be close to how fast it will be, although rides often do pick up a little more speed as they bed in, plus rides do tend to run a bit quicker when it's warmer. Icon is quite slow for a thrill level launch coaster, although it's about the same speed as Nemesis and that certainly doesn't feel gentle. It is, however, slower than Rita, Helix, Blue Fire and Taron. I don't think it will be one of the world's absolute top coasters, but it does look like it will be amongst the best in the UK and I'm still really hyped to ride it.

Speed has little meaning (to an extent obviously) when you've got a kick ass track profile! Icon is flying round those curves!
Feels like it's a bit like Manta West done at three times the scale? I think the layout does have a lot of promise, bits of it do look like they meander a little - but they could certainly be fun if taken with enough speed. I'm definitely very excited to ride.

How sad that just as the general public are getting exposure to wooden coasters through Wickerman, the best woody in the country just closed.

Back on topic, I couldn’t help but watch that video, but if & when a POV surfaces, I will most certainly NOT be watching it before I go on the ride

^ Wild Mouse's removal is always going to sting IMO through both the way it was done and the loss of such a wonderful coaster.

How sad that just as the general public are getting exposure to wooden coasters through Wickerman, the best woody in the country just closed.
Yeah really crappy timing!:(
Would have been nice if it had operated one more season aloneside Icon and Wickerman.

^ Wild Mouse's removal is always going to sting IMO
Same here, however if there is any silver ling to its removal at all IMO it's given me something to arm for hopefully.

There are people in the US that have built homemade coasters in their back gardens/Felds.

If I ever win the euro millions I will rebuild the mouse from scratch.