• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Let's all have a big collective moan

I do love, whenever the Apple update the iPhone with new features that are apparently revolutionary, to point out how long the new features have been on the market in other phones for a faction of the price.

Blaze said:
I do love, whenever the Apple update the iPhone with new features that are apparently revolutionary, to point out how long the new features have been on the market in other phones for a faction of the price.

You might love doing that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that every feature Apple have implemented on their phones is always 10x better, more intuitive and generally nicer to use than the equivalent on other phones. It's kind of like how Intamin tried to implement the Wing Rider coaster, then B&M came along and had completely mastered it - albeit 3 years later.

Wait, were they aimed at me? Start using an Apple product and you'll know what I mean. I won't put down Mercedes M class drivers just because I drive a SSangyong Korando. :)

Cue the traditional "I owned an iPhone and it broke within 2 weeks" comments

Alastair said:
Wait, were they aimed at me? Start using an Apple product and you'll know what I mean. I won't put down Mercedes M class drivers just because I drive a SSangyong Korando. :)

Cue the traditional "I owned an iPhone and it broke within 2 weeks" comments
iPhones can be lovely to use, but I certainly wouldn't consider it any better than a Galaxy S3 or 4. I had an iPhone for a couple of years and while it was great for certain things, it was pretty poor at being an actual phone. In fact, my iPhone had an issue where it would restart itself in the middle of any call that lasted over 5 minutes. To say that an Apple product is superior at everything is a bit rediculous to be honest. I've not once felt like the S3 is inferior since I switched.

Not hating on iPhone or anything, but there are equal products on the market these days.

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

Blaze said:
I own an Apple product. It's terrible.

I have used an iPhone. It was terrible.

In what way was it terrible? iOS miles ahead of Android in almost every aspect...function, practicality, App support...

Android is clunky, looks superficially dated and is pretty primitive in many areas.

Alastair said:
Blaze said:
I own an Apple product. It's terrible.

I have used an iPhone. It was terrible.

In what way was it terrible? iOS miles ahead of Android in almost every aspect...function, practicality, App support...

Android is clunky, looks superficially dated and is pretty primitive in many areas.
This just comes across as total Apple fanboyism to be honest. The problem with Android is that phone manufacturers put their own flavour to the operating system. Some look nasty (HTC phones I'm looking at you) but others look great (S4 and Xperia). The good ones are in no way more dated than IOS. My Android is in no way worse than IOS in any aspect.

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

Really? iOS7 looks like a child made it. It's got so many E numbers it gave me diabetes.

I'm not technical enough to explain why properly, but every version of Android I've seen is miles ahead in every respect. It's a lot more user friendly, and although Google are all over it, it's not anywhere near as constrained as iOS. It works a lot better in my experience. And it looks a lot better, it's very sleek and looks like a modern, advanced system, maybe that's just the manufacturer's fiddling with it (I've used Sony, Motorola, Samsung, and to be fair an old HTC which was pretty bad), and but it looks and feels a lot better than iOS, personally.

But the best thing about Android is the fact Google don't have ridiculous events every time they update it.

This post was far too long...

I don't get why iPhone users twaddle on about Siri? If I shake my Android then I get my own voice recognition thingy. Who even uses that anyway?!
Had an iPod that was just so much hassle. Plugging it into a PC, syncing and retrying multiple times for a single song. Why bother when my own trusty telecommunication device has much more storage and doesnt even take half a minute?

Could go on all day but I shan't, because there's no contest. ;)

This springs up a lot. Anyone else get those muscle spasms/trapped nerves in their body when it's at a certain angle? Whenever I put my forefoot down it shakes wildly out of control. A massive pain whilst sitting down or hugging somebody. :p

Panda said:
This springs up a lot. Anyone else get those muscle spasms/trapped nerves in their body when it's at a certain angle? Whenever I put my forefoot down it shakes wildly out of control. A massive pain whilst sitting down or hugging somebody. :p

Yeah I get this as well. I don't find it annoying but it can be very uncomfortable.

Panda said:

Yep, when I have my left arm in certain positions, my thumb shakes badly. Really quite annoying.

Panda said:
Yes, normally if I rest my arm or leg on something at a certain place or angle it catches a nerve and makes it vibrate. :p

Try doing a job that involves sitting in a chair all day, constantly pressing down on springloaded joysticks, and twisting your wrists. RSI is a common problem amongst me and my co workers.

>:C RAH.

Daftest job rejection yet - seems one particular business doesn't want to let me near their sensitive information, because they think I'm an undercover journalist. Why? Because over 4 years ago, when I was young, foolish and carefree, I completed a media degree. Aside from getting BA Hons after my name, it was a total waste of time - I've never published anything relevant to business (because it's boring!) and it hasn't prevented me from getting an almost identical role in the past - but now, it's been the only obstacle between me and a position I actually wanted. So I'm cross. Stupid red tape.

Hate unhygienic people.
TAKE A SHOWER. You still look like a greasy mess, no matter how much deodorant you use.

People on dark coloured Push Bike at night with no lights, wearing dark clothes on a unlit road.

If you want to die, please don't drag a poor driver that does not have IR vision into it!

People who complain just to ruin other peoples fun. GRRRR! Also adverts that appear in angry birds. I DO NOT WISH TO PLAY CANDY CRUSH SAGA! Now please go away!

Injury to my ankle in rugby training. Just after recovering from a shoulder injury. Grrrr