• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Let's all have a big collective moan

I agree it's laughable. However, how many of us have queued hours just to be the first to ride a coaster when it opens? As much as I want to rip the piss out of them, cliches about pot's living in glass houses not throwing kettles come to mind.
(Or something like that.)

Likewise I want to say it's silly but I've done similar; went to the midnight release of the last Harry Potter book. Not because I was desperate to read it right then and there but to soak up the atmosphere. I'm glad I went.

Plus does anyone find it ironic that the last few posts were all made after midnight... kind of invalids the argument of having to go to bed ;)

I've never queued for a ride at midnight so I can ride it five minutes before my friends though.

And it's a toy, I never queued at midnight to get the latest K'nex set.

I've been to a few midnight launches, but only because I have lived close by to the place selling the games. For example, I got Halo 4 at launch last year as the Tesco five minutes away was open 24 hours and I wanted some hot chocolate.

Blaze just has to judge people, don't you blaze, who's a little judge, you the judge aren't you blaze... Awwwww!

At the end of the day, your the one talking about how its stupid to get something at midnight launch and its not worth getting excited about it to do so.... But you are saying those things on an Alton towers fan forum... Some could say actually discussing and getting enthused about day trip attractions is more sad then people who go to midnight launches of things they are excited about.

I don't think being passionate about anything is being sad, really. To have a passion, whether it be in video games, theme parks, music, books, history, technology...anything really, shows you have depth.

Rather, I find people with no passion for anything the sad ones.

I don't care if people go to a midnight launch to get a new game/book/dvd ETC. I suppose if that's what they want to do, then so be it. It's their choice.

Aww Matt, have I upset you with my opinion that queuing up for 6 hours to buy a toy at midnight to play with it a few hours before your friends isn't something adults should be proud of? It's not just games, I think queuing for the launch of an consumer product and being so desperate to had over money is a nauseating submission to consumerism. Likewise I'd be embarrassed for any coaster enthusiasts who camped outside the gates of a theme park for 12 hours so they could ride a new attraction first.

I'm judging the act, not the people, some people may just happen to be up and decide to get it, or choose to get it while they're on a late night shopping trip anyway (as above), but if you feel so persecuted by my dislike of an activity that you have to reply the way you did at the start of your post, then I'm truly sorry.

You haven't upset me, I'm just glad my comment upset you enough to post a large comment. Mission accomplished.

I didn't attend any midnight launch, nor do I own the game.

I am also in love with being condescending today

Erm.

The catty remarks and condescending quips end here, I thank you please!

I queued for 4 hours at midnight for the first World of Warcraft expansion... played cards with a guy dressed as a night elf to pass the time....

I would love to go to a midnight release of something and then go and buy something completely different just for a laugh :)

I would love to see you at a midnight release of the latest Iphone and ask for a samsung.

Just think of the look on the apple fanboys faces ;) :D :D

People who say "nom" as a reference to eating food.

Am I the only one who thinks this is really cringy?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Stevie said:
People who say "nom" as a reference to eating food.

Am I the only one who thinks this really cringy?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2
Well, what do you expect from people who spend more time taking pictures of their sodding food rather than eating it!

In fact, this is a social media pet hate of mine, they mask it as an innocent picture of their food, but what they are really saying is this:

"You see this photo of my fat greasy fry up? That's mine that is. I bet you don't have one of these, so when you think about it, at this moment in time my life is SOOOOO much better than yours! Take a good look and drink in how great it looks. Now get back to your muesli you sad excuse for a human being. NOM NOM NOM!"

It's food/life one-up-manship. Well, stick your status update up your jacksie. Hope you choke on it!! Enjoy your heart disease!!

End of rant.....

Wow, I've really surpassed myself in the 'grumpy old man' stakes with this post. Wooooo!

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

I've just got a new phone, so "people who insist on calling their phone an iphone when phone really will suffice" is back to the top of pet peeves.

"Picture taken on my iphone" I couldn't care less what model of phone you tool the picture on, no one cares or is impressed you own an Apple device, it's not 2001, grow up. I've never seen anyone say "picture taken on my S4" "I've got the app on my Xperia" or anything like that.

Blaze, I have in the past been know to say "Picture taken on my HTC S260" to a couple of apple fanboys. just because they say "Picture taken on my iphone".

then point out my phone was build before the iphone was designed, still works and has a longer battery life.