• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

Rob said:
12744662_10153576271264608_2026675396798145720_n.jpg

10620707_10153576271269608_1960985702203184156_n.jpg

And yet another photo showing the dodgy track:

12745969_10153576271149608_5015882211162392462_n.jpg

I know some people say it is some sort of illusion but it has looked uneven in every photo I've seen of it so far!

:)

I am confused with that airtime hill. It is tiny!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be missing the track :p

I have to admit that little hill thing midway through the breaks doesn't seem as insane on those aerial shots. Assuming the speed has already dropped by 2/3rds when it hits it the element could be quite a funky way to end the ride.

You just know that this coaster is going to be plagued with problems from the day it opens! Intamin have clearly been far more focused on their other projects. :p

I will be gobsmacked if this ride opens with these issues. At least it's not due to open this year so there's time to rectify these issues. Surly they must know of this if indeed there is a problem. I just can't see them allowing this if indeed true. :confused:

Last edited:
Considering how long it's taken them to realise the issues with Baco, I think we'll be looking at another ten years down the line until one bright spark in the management team thinks to themselves:

"Hold on a minute, that doesn't look entirely straight..."

To be fair, that photo above has a lot of distortion. It looks to be taken a long way away using a long telephoto lens. As its not an official port aventura photo I would guess it was taken from outside the park in a public area.

If the lens is not top quality then you will lose detail and line distortion may occur. Couple that with some nice weather in Reus in February where some days the temperature got up to 22 degrees, you will also get heat haze.

Heat haze and using a long telephoto lens especially if its not top notch will cause photo distortion like the one above.

You can also get the same kind of distortion if you are close to the subject and again are either using a poor wide angle lens or just not a very good lens.

So for me these look like atmospheric distortions / camera lens quality.

@PeteA this made me look at the other side of the track.

The bar seems to bend the same.

But then the other piece of track doesn't at all.

Your explanation made me go look again, and it's possible, but I am not convinced, just how many times can that distortion appear to do something I've never really seen on any other coaster build, in far hotter places than this.

Also, are they even in situ though?

This is the first time I recall seeing this phenomena on any build, and let's face it, we've all tracked a few!