• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

If you want the views then you'd go on Condor or Shambhala. Better build quality by far.

Even Inverted top hats have been done though, Premier with their shuttle coasters, and more recently Helix...

I saw someone on CF liken this to the RCT2 days when you had to substitute a Premier launched if you wanted an Intamin (short of hacking), and he's not entirely wrong...

I think Spike meant an inverted top hat at such a height. They have been done but not at 300ft plus, would be a nice marketing opportinuity too for world's tallest inversion.

:)

I did yeah. I think Kingda Ka would be terrifying if it had a slow inverted top hat at 450ft. Add a few feeder wheels so it didn't stall upside down and you have the makings of a great ride. Top Thrill with lapbars would be even more terrifying. :D

33c70e54d06a8d96eb354b134934800d.jpg
(Image: NoLimits Exchange)

I'm not sure if it's the different track style of the new shaping of the support tower... But there's something about this top hat as opposed to TTD's/Ka's that just doesn't look right?

It's just a really odd looking ride all round :\

It does look like a budget version of their big launch coasters, but then over the years B&M and Intamin have been scaling back their steel usage and designing ways to have stability with less steel. Their lifthills are a good example of this.

e01e4d117b6c98db952eee84e4563d6f.jpg

ar132780222462285.JPG

Top hats may be 'old hat' now (pardon the pun) but for quick and simple extreme thrills they really pack a punch. Stealth is just as extreme now as it was on opening day in 2006 and I've ridden many other launch coasters since 2006 which have offered varying degrees of thrill but none offer a launch quite as extreme, this looks set to be Europe's most extreme launch coaster, not necessarily Europe's all round best launch coaster (Helix or Shock get my vote for that) but it'll still be extreme and a very powerful launch which the public will love, it will need to be powerful to get to that height.

The "trains" have appeared on site ...
th720_0e1f84acdf1e9f4623f54ffa720ed8dc.png

what are Intamin doing with this ride? why is it only the chasis that has arrived?

I've got a feeling Ferrari Land will soft open later this year, with the pace the project is being constructed the Park will be finished way before 2017, and I cant see it sitting doing nothing for 5 months.

I told you all it was the Flintstones coaster.

That car proves it beyond all doubt.

GET PEDDLING! :D

Being serious, I doubt they need the cars there yet, it's not due to open till next year for goodness sake, we all ask for early prep but this seems to be taking a tad TOO far.

Let's be fair, Blue Fire was tested without the seating. Thinking about it that probably gives them easier access to the fins below the trains.

I think it's just something Intamin do; Taron got a basic chassis delivered for its pull-through as well

No point messing the cars up anyway is there?

It's not going to be running for a while, will want them nice and new looking when it opens.

A rendering has appeared showing the Italian facade of the central building, part of which will house the main Ferrari Land store.
13007334_990475050989032_1847023313050161298_n.jpg

Image: PAWave

I just saw this and am confused. I can't see it that clearly but is it meant to be a bit of several Italian landmarks rolled into one building? If looks like a bit of the colosseum on the far left, then the tower from the square in Venice next to it, no idea what the other buildings are meant to represent but if they are trying to be clever by rolling a load of Italian building into one then they've failed, this just looks weird tacky and pointless.