• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

It will make up an Italian street and plaza, there are restaurants and shops down the other side too. If you look at the Park map it makes more sense.

And on the above post I read it wrong, the other side of the street houses the shops and the central building is to house an attraction.

I'm sorry but it still looks awful. Id rather have just had an unthemed red wearhouse to be quite honest. PortAventura is one of the best theme park resorts in Europe in my opinion but this Ferrari Land will add very little to it and won't represent the type of quality and care that is seen in most other parts of the resort. I really hope I am proven wrong.

If you look at Ferrari World, they have gineric Italian buildings there within a big red triangleish roof, that place looks great, I'm going to reserve judgement on how this park looks once the buildings are built.

I just wish there was a whole lot more on offer when it opens. Let's hope phase 2 will bring some of the new rides at Ferrari World (sfx coaster please).

I suppose this is one of the reasons Disney don't build massive coasters...

thumb_image_1501.jpeg

thumb_image_1502.jpeg

:)

I don't know if its Baco or the new coaster that ruins the scenery in the second photo. I'm edging for the latter.

Dragon Khan is hidden, Shambhala you can see in some areas although it's quite exciting seeing it edge into the skyline. This... this just looks like a huge penis in the sky.

Very good advertising tool for them however, given how far you can see the theme park from travelling on the local roads and motorways.

Tall rides only really work when you're not really committed to theme immersion. Baco is quite low to the ground so you can't see it from other areas. Nor can you see other areas from it.

Unfortunately money has won over guest immersion on this.
It's not the best thought out plan, the could have gone for a formula rossa lite for this (even a faster version of Rita) would have worked better. It would simulate an F1 car better. (I know it would be too simelar to baco). But still???

Someone I work with has recently aquired an old farm, not too far from PA. They're converting it in to a nice quiet retreat for people to meditate and practice martial arts (she's some kind of high level Shaolin monk in her spare time).
Next time I see her, I'll have to ask if this spoils her view.

^Lol, it's an intanin launch coaster! Not the quietist. She could do a Ropers and get a noise abaitment about the screaming??

I don't think it's quite close enough to hear the screams, but from what she's shown me it's half way up a mountain, and facing in the right direction to see a huge 300 foot dildo ruining her peaceful distraction-free view.
It goes without saying that she's not the type who has ever been on a coaster and thinks they are evil. :p

I don't think it's quite close enough to hear the screams, but from what she's shown me it's half way up a mountain, and facing in the right direction to see a huge 300 foot dildo ruining her peaceful distraction-free view.
It goes without saying that she's not the type who has ever been on a coaster and thinks they are evil. :p

Dildo is a great analogy, it will be rampant at peak times.

This would have looked a lot better with Ferrari red track and some white supports, the current colours just make it stick out even more.

This would have looked a lot better with Ferrari red track and some white supports, the current colours just make it stick out even more.

I disagree. It might be more 'on brand' but to me white supports on steel coasters almost always look awful. It shows up any rust, grease or dirt that might accumulate and I find that it looks very bland and industrial, particularly on rides of this sort of scale.

White supports with red track is a colour scheme that I associate with late 80s / early 90s Arrow coasters. I think it looks very odd on modern coasters.

Last edited:
A nice big logo just to make sure you can see it from a long way away:
th720_b22d01881a6e9556b294e7dc64e1c6f9.jpg

I'm as shocked as everybody else, a Ferrari Logo on a Ferrari ride, who'd have thought it! I'm quite surprised because it's not like any other Parks around the world do it...

As for the colour, in the initial concepts the track was white and red and I just had visions of it looking like Fantasy Island, so I much prefer the red and grey. Apparently, the colours were chosen to reflect a road surface and use the famous 'Ferrari red', without having the same track colour as Dragon Khan.

Accelerator Construction 05/05/16

A few other recent shots of the coaster, one looking from the station up the launch section and another of the station exterior.

13124435_1019203521502763_7968137298990927752_n.jpg

PASpace

13103349_1114940558559534_6410431492337328293_n.jpg

The Parks

Ferrari Land Phase 1 & 2
In the latest press conference PortAventura have revealed the current Ferrari partnership will last for a minimum of 30 years. The 10 Ferrari Land attractions being revealed before Autumn this year will open with the Park in 2017, those revealed after will open in the second phase, along with the proposed 5* Ferrari Hotel.