• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

I think they'll be betting on guests buying multi-park tickets to visit this park. The waterpark and theme park combo ticket is pretty good value, so if there's a similar offer for Ferrari Land I think that will work well to ensure people visit.

Of course PortAventura sits right in the middle of a major holiday resort too. Ferrari Land will be marketed heavily across hotels, holiday companies, local excursion shops and be featured heavily on PA's marketing pitch on Salou seafront. PortAventura has always had the advantage of where it's located, so it will definitely get guests.

Standalone tickets will be a big seller in 2017 I bet, then from 2018 onwards combo tickets will be what keeps guests numbers steady.

The trains arrived a few weeks ago:

14183898_1192840174102905_8154092798992992356_n.jpg
14191983_1192840360769553_140246468444828517_n.jpg

Looks like the lap bars as seen on Taron.

The trains having lap bars is the most interesting thing about this coaster tbh.

Andreas Andersen from Liseberg tweeted this picture of the trains on the track:

Csu55M9XEAA79f1.jpg

Still a bit indifferent to this as a whole, but I do like the white stripe down the side!

Here is a better look at the trains:

CsyUa4SXYAAaseS.jpg

Source

To be fair they look very nice, probably the best part of this whole project so far!

:)

Wobbly track aside, people tend to say that TTD is better than Ka coz of the lap bars, so with that in mind....

Testing of the coaster and S&S towers has begun:

Looks like the towers will be combi shot/drop towers which is good. Still not excited for any of this mind!

I had no idea the trains were only 12-seater? Or is that just for testing?

No doubt it will start off on just one train the morning it first opens! :p

I just read somewhere (sorry I didn't save the source!!) on a "diary of construction" that it will have a throughput of 1200 PH.

...so by PA standards that's maybe 800 PH on a good day *rolls eyes*

I just read somewhere (sorry I didn't save the source!!) on a "diary of construction" that it will have a throughput of 1200 PH.
That would equate to a dispatch every 36 seconds. I'm sure PA could do that... :rolleyes:

I'd imagine an average dispatch of every 60 seconds is more likely at PA which would be 720pph. Hardly suitable for a park with only one coaster!

It may well double load. Which could help. But even then, I don't expect Stealth throughput.

sorry, but why should they do that?
Slow throughput is their business model.

Slow throughput means they save costs and the chance to sell fast passes is higher.

Reactions: Rob
The train looks similar to Formula Rossa's, albeit smaller (Rossa has 16 passengers per train). I like Rossa's trains, so this is a good thing at least :)