• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Seems Smiler has been closed all day today.

Not good when you already have Wickerman shut.
Yup been on park today for my yearly visit as i live 3+ hours away. Real shame that both those rides were closed. Someone was up looking at the vertical lift on the smiler on a cherry picker so who knows what’s going on there. VAFF was actived today tho so that’s a bonus I guess.

Shared with permission from a friend who's on park today, there's a crane above Smiler now

IMG-20240814-WA0001.jpg

I'm meeting them at Towers tomorrow, will be a huge shame if it's closed as I've only ridden it once. Can't be helped, though.

Shared with permission from a friend who's on park today, there's a crane above Smiler now

IMG-20240814-WA0001.jpg

I'm meeting them at Towers tomorrow, will be a huge shame if it's closed as I've only ridden it once. Can't be helped, though.
Having Smiler and Wicker man down all day in the summer holidays is a disaster. 2 of the most popular rides where most people go first thing in the morning. This will put huge pressure on Spinball and Rita.

Last edited:
Crane is there to hold up mechanics working on the top of the vertical lift. There’s also a guy behind the lift at the top looking at some kind of box looking thing.

The more that times go on, the more disastrous towers seem to be with ride availability and reliability.

I understand things happen, like the unfortunate situation with Wickerman, but I’ve never seen such a major park have so many broken and unavailable rides.

The UK industry is a joke right now, with how parks such as Towers, Blackpool and Chessington have handled things lately.

The more that times go on, the more disastrous towers seem to be with ride availability and reliability.

I understand things happen, like the unfortunate situation with Wickerman, but I’ve never seen such a major park have so many broken and unavailable rides.

The UK industry is a joke right now, with how parks such as Towers, Blackpool and Chessington have handled things lately.

Over 15 years of neglect, chickens coming home to roost, just sad that it isn’t the management who neglected the parks that are dealing with the fallout. Just took their money and ran it feels like.

How they manage to put a crane up, fix the ride then test it and open within few hours. And yet wicker man has been closed for nearly 3 weeks ughhhh