• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I thought so! They can’t be using the “closes at dusk” rule here, so it looks like more ride availability cut backs.

That’s your lot kids, time to leave…

If this was the only cut I would probably go with it as CBeebies is always dead after 5pm (it’s target audience don’t really stay up that late). But it’s a bit under the radar and linked into other cuts so pfft!

Well surely Galactica is on 2 stations unless it’s completely dead
I heard that Galactica was being operated in the same manner as Oblivion, wherein one station is now the default and two station operation, when it occurs, only occurs between 12pm and 4pm.

Because it was an extremely poor approach to marketing. Literally no one needed for them to say it would be the best season ever, and by the time it was said, it is likely they already knew that the season was heading south.

It is a real issue with Merlin's marketing strategy more generally, the over reliance on superlatives. They seem to really struggle with marketing anything that isn't the biggest or best in some regard, which often leads them to make these sorts of bizarre claims. It would be way better if they focused on marketing what they actually have, rather than making up something that will quickly be revealed to be nonsense.

Because it was an extremely poor approach to marketing. Literally no one needed for them to say it would be the best season ever, and by the time it was said, it is likely they already knew that the season was heading south.

It is a real issue with Merlin's marketing strategy more generally, the over reliance on superlatives. They seem to really struggle with marketing anything that isn't the biggest or best in some regard, which often leads them to make these sorts of bizarre claims. It would be way better if they focused on marketing what they actually have, rather than making up something that will quickly be revealed to be nonsense.
Do you not remember “ Rita: Queen of speed your best Alton towers ride ever” that was also a nonsense claim but it probably got people excited and increased the hype

For large numbers of the public, rita is the best coaster at the Towers because they love fast launches more than anything else.
I know two young 'uns who still go on about that launch years later.

And back to the best season ever, I knew that was highly unlikely for myself and another half a million or so punters who rely heavily on the skyride.
Dodgy operations worsened by a lack of reasonable access.
Merlin ableism at its finest.
Beat that drum.

Do you not remember “ Rita: Queen of speed your best Alton towers ride ever” that was also a nonsense claim but it probably got people excited and increased the hype

Saying your ride is “the best ever” is fine, it’s subjective anyway.

Saying this is going to be the best season ever then running with the operations and cuts they have is a little silly.

Saying your ride is “the best ever” is fine, it’s subjective anyway.

Saying this is going to be the best season ever then running with the operations and cuts they have is a little silly.
"The best-laid plans of Merlin park execs oft' go awry."